FAL L1A1 Wood furniture ? | FerrariChat

FAL L1A1 Wood furniture ?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by thecarreaper, Nov 30, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    #1 thecarreaper, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

I posted this in the Ross a "Guns" thread to see if it would be frowned upon to ask if there are any FChatters with wood FAL furniture they would part with. So here I am.

This is for me to use on a few of my rifles, not for me to resell anywhere. I would like to find / buy a few sets of the wood FAL pieces: Hand-guards especially.

There are differences in the early and late hand guards. the early ones were solid wood, the late ones were laminate with heat shields. Open to offers. :)

Thanks ? :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    Don't take this in a bad way but here in Australia only the Military and Bikies have those sorts of guns so I think it would be a bit hard to find any parts for them.

3. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I think he's just after some wood Don Maurizio to make rifle butts , we would never be insane enough to own these guns :)

Not having a shot (haha) at you Carreaper, you're one of the good guys :)

4. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    SLR's (L1A1's) were always pretty rare on the ground here, always expensive even when you could buy them.
    You best chance would be sites like this:
    Used Guns | Buy & Sell Used & New Guns from Private Sellers and Gun Dealers, Australia Wide
    Used Gun Sales - Australia's easiest online trading site for new and used guns, archery and hunting equipment

There's also some SLR accessories and wood stock that is/has been on Ebay Australia...

M

5. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Say's our resident gunhead(that's a bit like a motorhead but.........oh you know what I mean)

6. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Where's Wes? He'll know for sure.

7. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Nah, he's missed this thread.

"One ****ing job"

;)

8. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Sorry.

I thought perhaps there were parts, or parts kits around. Australia's forces were fearless in Vietnam. My dad was there as a medic / dental tech in Cameron Bay. The few Aussies he met left an impression on him. I have parts to guns I don't own, or even like. You just sort of accumulate them horse trading and buying set lots of parts.

So, I thought I could get some original wood with the inspection cartouches.

I found a place that makes "made in USA" wood for these guns, but its not the same to me.

I do not look at these as weapons of war. I think about the men and women who built them, drilled with them, sweated with them, worked on them, did inventory.
    Its not about the violence guns can bring. Its about the souls that bear them, the good and the bad.

My apologies.

Thank you. :)

Michael

9. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Don't be sorry,Michael,there are FAAAAAARRR more sorry folk in your country that this mob wouldn't give the time of day to!:)

10. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No need at all to apologise. You are perfectly entitled to ask the question, and you did in a friendly and respectful way.

It's simply that the vast majority of people in this country have the completely polar opposite view on guns than a lot of people in your country seem to.
    Personally I can't understand why any private citizen would want to have guns in their house, unless they are a farmer or legitimate sporting shooter etc.
    Even then I'm not thrilled about it.

No big deal, that's just the way it is.
    Good luck with your search.

11. kimbo 308

kimbo 308 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 11, 2012
    #11 kimbo 308, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013

Michael,

To find what you're looking for in Oz would be mission impossible...

However These guys in New Zealand can help you...

Gun City | World's Largest Gun Shop | Real Guns Rifles Pistols Air Rifles Paintball | Worldwide Shipping | Christchurch | Auckland

The Kiwi's used Aussie manufactured L1A1 SLR's....and these guys have one(L1A2) for sale right now and are able to source parts...

Kim

12. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  13. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    LOL! I saw this thread title and thought it must be some new range of trendy furniture!

14. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah