Gothspeed Exhausts | FerrariChat

Gothspeed Exhausts

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Steve Harkness, Jun 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve Harkness

Steve Harkness Formula Junior

Jul 28, 2012
    perth Australia
    Full Name:
    steve Harkness
    Hi all

Well since I got my car I have been looking at putting on a nice exhaust system. I have looked. At all the systems out there from cheapy prospeed at $900 up to tubi capristo ms racing etc. then along comes gothspeed which so far seems to be able to produce what I want which is the ear splitting f1 scream! Now I have tried to download some of his sound videos but can't seem to get them on my I pad. Has anyone listened to some of his sound clips or does anyone know of one of these systems in OZ ?? Any feedback positive or negative would be appreciated as this system is not cheap and I wanna get right first time. I'm not interested in hp gains just noise!!

Cheers. Steve

2. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Steve, I can't comment on the Gothspeed, but if you want value for money and a genuine F1 scream you can't go past Nouvalari.
    I kid you not these things are LOUD. Several times I have set off my neighbour's car alarm just by backing out of my garage and getting a bit close to his car parked in the street.
    A while back I set off a car alarm when I was just pootling along the Main Street of Hahndorf while trying to be as quiet as possible.
    But most importantly, when you open it up it really does sound like an (pre 2014) F1 car.

At first I thought it was too loud and was going to replace it with something else, but now I'm used to it and will definitely keep it. Anything else would be probably be a let down, at least until I can justify the ridiculous cost of a Capristo....

I should add I also have Hyperflow cats on the car, which no doubt helps with the sound.

3. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    How do you avoid getting a defect notice from the cops?

I think there is a sensible line between a nice note and illegally loud, which just annoys people. My neighbour's 22 year old son (a lovely bloke) has a WRX with an exhaust that shakes windows, I love it when he comes home at 2am. Not.

4. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    The cops are defective too

5. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Where do you live? I'll do a drive-by at 2am and you can see if it's as loud as your neighbours car.

As loud as the exhaust is, it is probably not as loud as a Challenge exhaust, and is most definitely not as loud as the appalling din which those POS Harley's make.
    (One of the most offensive noises and machines ever built IMO)

6. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I'll do a recording of the Challenge exhaust tonight

I hate the sound of unmuffled Harleys as well but I got a thumbs up from the local bilies here a few months back .... they seemed to appreciate the noise the CH made :)

7. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    There's a recording online at www.pless.com.au already

Sounds great

8. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
  9. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    Totally agree Ian.

I had a 355 come to my place about a year ago. I was expecting the visit and knew what time he was coming. I heard it turn into a street just near my place. Actually heard it stop at a Give Way sign and then pull out onto the road that comes out to my place. It was a Capristo exhaust. When I went out later I measured the distance. 3.5 klms by road. Probably 2 klms or so as the crow flys. The noise this thing made was ridiculously loud. Constant harassment, and I don't even think it sounded good.

I'd go with whatever it is Moretti has. I cannot imagine a better exhaust note.

If you were to follow Moretti around "Klink's Muffler and Exhaust Spot" on the Grafton Road, you could most probably acquire it for free if you were quick enough. :)

10. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    And a front spoiler :D

11. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    And Brasso spotted white wheels. :D

12. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You guys are so mean

13. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    they are also well behind me :p

14. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  15. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Gothspeed is in SoCal. There are a number of Gothzausts running around. There is a particular extreme one off Gothzaust on a argento 355 who's F1 music can be heard over 1 street away when on song yet conversations can easily be held at idle. I'm calling that exhaust Gothzilla. It is the one you want. If you bought the 355 partly for the F1 sound whatever Goth charges for the Gothzilla it is worth the price and worth the wait. I have heard them all. Gothzilla is special.

16. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
  17. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    ya better upgrade your speakers.

it's the 355ch that Lorbek owns.

18. Steve Harkness

Jul 28, 2012
    perth Australia
    Full Name:
    steve Harkness
    Harley Davidson 1350 CC and eighty cubic inches of vibrating ****e!

19. Steve Harkness

Jul 28, 2012
    perth Australia
    Full Name:
    steve Harkness
    Hey steve send me a clip of your novulari please. Re the goth exhaust he says he can make sound normal at idle and then all he'll breaks loose when you chomp on the gas. As for the neighbours f..k em!! I've had to listen to fu..in Kyle minogue n Jimmy Barnes pumpin out Manaus a Saturday nite at 9 pm and don't mention the fuk.in screaming kids kickin their football off our colour bond fence! Now it's my turn

20. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Luckily, he sold that car and ordered a Scud. PP, have you got a recording of that?

21. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'll try Steve but I don't have any equipment that's likely to do a good job recording it.
    Only have my iPhone or my DSLR. Will give it a go and if it works ok I'll send it through.

Had to laugh at your comments re your neighbours!
    Fortunately for me, my neighbours are great. In fact more often than not when they hear my car start up the young dad next door grabs his one year old and they come out the front to watch me leave. Apparently one of the little lads first words is "rarri" which he says every time he hears my car. :)
    The setting off car alarms thing is something of a running joke in our street and no-one has ever complained. (In truth it's only happened about three or four times in two years).
    I guess not everyone is a miserable grumpy old bastard.

22. Steve Harkness

Jul 28, 2012
    perth Australia
    Full Name:
    steve Harkness
    See what u can do. To be honest the neighbours are ok really except for one nosey old pomme prick who reckons I'm a drug dealer! I told him no but ex IRA so better start checking under his car every day. He nearly shat himself.

23. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon

That's funny. :)

24. Bounce

Bounce Formula 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I put a Gruppe M titanium exhaust on my E46 M3, it completely transformed the car for me I was fairly bored with it but now it's like a new car to me!

I didn't know the material of exhaust could affect the sound so much, just before 5k rpm there is a strange (for an M3...) high pitch "ferrari wail" that I didn't think was possible, completely addictive.

Great for twisty blasts in the hills :)

25. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I recorded a few passes from today's drive with the intention of sending them through to you.
    Stupidly, I used my DSLR camera.
    The video is horribly out of focus, and although the sound is good the files are so big that I can't email them or post them anywhere!

Should have just used my bloody iPhone: It would have been in focus, sounded ok, and been easy to send anywhere!

Technology! :(