2001 Ferrari 360 Spider | FerrariChat

2001 Ferrari 360 Spider

Discussion in 'Australia' started by YBECUT, Dec 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. YBECUT

YBECUT Rookie

Dec 29, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hey guys i have a 2001 Ferrari 360 Spider and i have this one problem that i cant seem to find out whats going on with it.

On a cold day you can drive the car for about an hour but on ahot day the car wont last more than an 20 minutes and stall/stop. And when you use the paddle shift to change the gears it keeps going into neutral or picking its own gears. Then it wont change gears anymore till it cools down.

Any suggestions or advice on whom or wher i can take this to get checked?

2. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Try the 360 section mate you'll have better luck there.

Cheers

3. F-Serge

F-Serge Formula 3

Aug 3, 2004
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Serge
    Which city are you in? It's difficult to suggest a mechanic without knowing your location.

4. YBECUT

YBECUT Rookie

Dec 29, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hey guys im located in Melbourne Victoria, Thomastown region. Its confirmed the following:

Carried out diagnostics scans and parameters checks. Found engagement errors P1742 P1714 and clutch beyond PIS. P1773. Self learn failure in gear engagement and third gear box internal fault. that's what came back.

So I guess in simple terms I may need a new gear box? If so is there any recommendations you guys can suggest I can go and it reconditioned? Or any advice would be of great help.

5. YBECUT

YBECUT Rookie

Dec 29, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hey guys im located in Melbourne Victoria, Thomastown region. Its confirmed the following:

Carried out diagnostics scans and parameters checks. Found engagement errors P1742 P1714 and clutch beyond PIS. P1773. Self learn failure in gear engagement and third gear box internal fault. that's what came back.

So I guess in simple terms I may need a new gear box? If so is there any recommendations you guys can suggest I can go and it reconditioned? Or any advice would be of great help.