electrical fault | FerrariChat

electrical fault

Discussion in 'Australia' started by jonwatson, Jan 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jonwatson

jonwatson Rookie

Nov 15, 2014
    WA
    I recently installed a challenge grille for my 360 Spider. Connectors were removed from tail lights and were re-fitted after grille was installed. All functioning correctly, indicators, reverse etc.. all working as they should.
    Problem is now when ever I put my foot on the brake pedal the indicator light on my dash buzzes and makes a chirping sound, occasionally hazard warning light appears briefly on dash and indicator tick sound comes on and off intermittently and at times ticks from under passenger side dash area

Anyone now what's going on here Have checked all plugs which is all that was touched electrically in the installation

2. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Mr Watson,you'll possibly get a better response if you filled some of your profile in.
    Such as,which state you are from so,if necessary,you can take the car to someone,either on here..who has the knowledge,or to someone recommended by someone here..this,of course.being that you can't fix it yourself..:)

3. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    you probably have a direct short somewhere. Check all the earth wires for the various lights that were involved in the grille swap. Check that none of the active wires are accidentally attached to an earth wire.

4. Dubya

Dubya Karting

Jun 30, 2013
    Sydney, Australia
    A bit of a thread hijack, but can anyone recommend an auto-electrician within 30km of Sydney CBD.
    My 360 keeps popping the RH headlight fuse....

Thanks

5. 575

575 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2009
    Call Vic at Road and Track he can help you.

6. Dubya

Dubya Karting

Jun 30, 2013
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks. Is Vic an auto-electrician, or mechanic?

7. jonwatson

jonwatson Rookie

Nov 15, 2014
    WA
    Thanks Ian

Finally found the problem

1 pin in the plug had a tiny bend in it and was arcing across to the other pins

Thanks

Jon