183 days to go | FerrariChat

183 days to go

Discussion in 'Australia' started by moretti, Jan 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
  2. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Well,stop speeding,then...or,at least do it with KIAI in front of you.

3. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    that was 365GTC4's technique, until the Gestapo came up from behind and booked him!

4. RPN

RPN Formula 3

Jul 4, 2011

I have previously suffered the mark of the beast !

6 points

6 months

6 hundred dollars

I found getting out & riding a bicycle quite therapeutic.

5. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I have never lost my licence.

6. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    He should have been going fast enough to make sure that couldn't happen

I hate people using me as a shield on the Pacific Hwy from GC-Sydney-GC

7. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    2007 I had 6 months and riding the bike again 8 years later ..... nothing therapeutic about it, I hate riding into the wind, even with 18 gears :(

8. RPN

RPN Formula 3

Jul 4, 2011
    Fixed !

9. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    neither has my 86 year old father. But I guarantee that if you did one lap of the block with him, you would be terrified. His party trick is to turn right across oncoming traffic, with no judgement of how fast they're approaching. This of course puts the passenger in the death seat. I stopped him from driving my sons anywhere about 5 years ago.

I have tried to make him give up his license, but he's too stubborn and, to my utter amazement, he passed the compulsory driving test at 85.

10. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Can't lose what you've never had.

11. RPN

RPN Formula 3

Jul 4, 2011
    You have no chauffeur ?

12. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    PFT!! You don't drive your Ferrari,that's why.

13. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Lol, I got my licence in 1997 when I was 17. I didn't mess around, I needed my licence and some wheels. :D

Received PLENTY of fines over the years, don't you worry. Mainly back when I was a young punk when the local cops would pick on you and your car. :eek:

My last infringement was when I was caught speeding on the way back from the Gold Coast after my wedding in November 2009.

And I was only speeding because I over took a grey nomad towing a caravan bigger than he could handle out in the middle of nowhere who was driving at 80 km/h or less. I came up to him quickly and made the decision to put the foot down before I actually had to hit the brakes to stop the cruise control.

I passed him at just over 120 km/h, then backed off the gas as I slipped back into my lane. The highway patrol copper was driving towards me and "nailed" me doing 117 km/h.

Speed limit there was 100 km/h.

The cop understood what happened but said he still had to fine me and was nice enough to lower it to 13 km/h over the limit so it was only 1 point and a $175 fine.

If it was 17 km/h over, would have been 3 points and a $330 fine.

Since owning a car with cruise control, I use it everywhere. Even around town, I live on cruise control. As soon as I jump in the car I turn it on and use it the entire time I am driving around.

14. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I do AND I am a naughty boy when I do......................................I just don't get caught. ;)

15. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Amazing he has never lost his licence in I will assume around 60 years of driving. I guess it's not hard if you just behave yourself.

I can't recall Nicole ever having an infringement either and we have been together 10 years this year.

Sounds like the old fella better be really, really careful!

A friend took the licence off his old man. He was around 80 at the time, an owner of his own taxi which he crashed into a parked car.

Because of the accident, which didn't hurt anyone btw, they made him take a driving test at the transport department. I don't know exactly what was involved, but he passed the test. Including the eye test. He doesn't wear glasses.

But his family decided against him driving again as they were really worried that he will crash and hurt himself, a passenger or another driver next time.

That was 4 years ago and I don't think he is very happy sitting around these days.

He has been driving cabs since the early 60's. He owned one of the first taxi licences in town and owns 3 of them in total. His two sons drive them full time now with other drivers helping them.

I am worried about my Mum. She crashes her car at least once a year, maybe more.

She is an insurance companies nightmare!!!!! :(:(

And she is only 57 years old. Her eyes are bad, but her judgement is worse and is why she has had so many minor accidents.

The last two times-

Crashed into the gate at home. BIG posts in the ground, so it smashed the front of her to pieces. Insurance repaired it, suprisingly.

Around 10 months later, crossing an intersection, didn't stop and slowly drove into the rear of a dual cab Rodeo stoving his tray in *probably nearly tipped him over*, again smashing the front of her car to pieces.

Insurance fixed it again, only got it back before Xmas. I keep telling her to wake up to herself.

If she loses her licence then will lose her independence as her entire life revolves around driving to her friends places through the week for coffee and visits.

Will have to see what happens with her. :(

16. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Great example of the chronic stupidity of Aussie speeding enforcement. The system effectively says it is safer to spend more time on the wrong side of the road than to exceed the limit by a small amount.

17. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I've just put my son on my insurance for the next 6 months, it was either that or get divorced :eek:

18. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    They're a one card trick here .... it doesn't matter how bad people drive so long as they aren't over the speed limit :rolleyes:

The only major accident I've ever had was in the GT4 doing 85 in a 100 zone, and a court case cleared me .... my family walked away from the accident, I was in ICU for 6 weeks, Shannons paid up immediately and I retained the wreck

19. Schmick325

Schmick325 Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Bris east
    #19 Schmick325, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    What happened to the deal they normally give you? Either 3 months off and full points after or 2 points for 12 months, then full license back?

Being on 2 points for 12 months sure makes you slow down, especially when there a 6 month holiday if you loose those.

20. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    Corrected your Post.

I had this 3 years ago. Did a GG in the 12 month period. And yes, you're right, it really weighs on your mind.

The best part, is being back on full points at the end.

If you get there that is. :)

21. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Took the deal and missed it by a month, both zones I got done on were changed to 80 kph zones the following week ..... if I didn't have bad luck I'd have none at all ..... the car was on cruise control but I edged the throttle to get past the s**t drivers we have here on the Coast .... all my fault so I'm just going to annoy you lot like PP for the next 6 months :D

I'm putting Satan up on the hoist and am going to pull the engine apart and clean it all like those concourse tossers who clay bar their cars :p

22. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I reckon! Was a little annoying as I WAS overtaking, but yeah.......

I wasn't going to argue as I was happy he lowered the speed limit so I paid less of a fine.

The loss of points didn't bother as I always have 12.

23. AKA

AKA F1 Rookie

May 17, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John McCabe
    2005 and I got a month of public transport for doing 130 on a freeway entrance.

Oops.

24. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Stop spamming.

25. AKA

AKA F1 Rookie

May 17, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John McCabe
    It's not my fault that no one else is posting.