Fox Ferrari's | FerrariChat

Fox Ferrari's

Discussion in 'Australia' started by ferrarifixer, Feb 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    All (both) you Brisbane based Ferrari fans can see some of the Fox Ferrari's at the Brisbane motor show.

288, F40 and F50 gone, I think the Enzo too. Not the 246, TRossa or 575 though.

2. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    What do you mean by 'gone'? I read on the weekend that he still has the F40, F50 and the Enzo (not sure about the 288GTO), but was auctionong a few of his other cars in the coming months :)

3. nwocorp

nwocorp Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    australia
    he means they have come up to brisbane for the show not sold

4. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    oh ok.....I always knew the ability to read would be needed one day :)

5. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    yeah, the 3r's aren't very important in WA (readin, writin and rootin) :D

I'm off to see them tomorrow with the rest of the great unwashed but if the Enzo ain't there I want my money back.

6. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    My understanding is that he's auctioning some cars, including the 288GTO.

7. nwocorp

nwocorp Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    australia
    When, where and what?

8. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Bonhams & Goodman will be auctioning about 30 of his cars on March 7, to be held at the Fox Motoring Museum. I read about it in the paper last weekend, not to sure exactly which cars will be for sale though.
    Has anyone here been to one of the tours of his museum? I am planning on going to Melb later this year and was thinking about visiting as it will be pretty much the only chance I'll get to see an F40, F50 and Enzo in Oz :)

LOL....at least one of those is important :)

9. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I've heard a Daytona is on the auction list. Anyone seen it?Colour?

10. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    I know the TRossa is on the sale list, and would be a great buy for someone, and the 288 is having some servicing straight after Brisbane, but I don't know if it's being sold or not.

11. Gleggy

Gleggy Formula 3

Sep 22, 2004
    Land of Oz
    Full Name:
    Gleggy
    I'll try and put Moretti out of his misery, yes all of the Fox super Ferrari's are at the show, including the Enzo, albeit with a yellow roof. It's one of the few stands at the show worth looking at. It is the first time I have seen a 288GTO up close and they are still one of the most fabulous shapes to come out of Pinin. But don't bother asking if Ferrari Club members can get a closer look at the cars. That question was greeted by an abrupt "NO", and that was that.The new Ford Gt40 looks great, the lambo's are, well, "nice", the elfin with a 5.7ltr v8 would have a bit of stick.
    So it's not a complete waste of time. Trev Basset once said to me "There is no substitute for horspower", well the Koenigsegg car should keep him happy, and Moretti to, 800hp is available under your right foot,via supercharged v8,which I suspect has Mercedes heritage,in a carbon fibre body. Fully adjustable everything, made in Sweden, no relation to the 'Koenig" the used to turbo Ferrari's. So there you have it guys, all those great and instant collectables at the Shannons stand, you walk away from looking at them and you think to yourself, imagine walking into your garage and thinking, which one would I like to go for a blast in today? What a problem to have, but it does make the scrotum tighten at the very thought!
    Regards MG

12. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    The CCR actually uses a 4.7L Ford-based engine, with a Lysholm supercharger. The Pagani Zonda however does use a Mercedes-AMG derived engine :)

13. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    just got back from the show and it was the best one for many years with all my most loved cars there and even some tasty girls standing next to them telling the plebs what sort of engine is in the car (the Lambo girls were very classy,,,no Murray??:D) when we know what engine the dude really is thinking about :rolleyes:

The thing that leaves a lasting impression is just how dominating the F40 still is after all this time, it still says "give up, I've got you beaten" even before you turn the engine on.

The Keonigsegg and the Enzo are obviously fast but they don't exude it like the F40.

The GT40 was , well, a ford and had all the excitement of a ford, the BAR Honda F1 car was there and for the first time I noticed that they don't run barge boards, strange , as I thought everyone copied whatever Ferrari did.

Then as I was leaving I ran into an old mate of mine, John Tetley, who owns QLD Raceway and asked him what his rates were for the track and they have a day on the short circuit of the track for $75 !!!!!

Sure the track is slightly boring but it is safe and you can still get your kicks of punting your road/racecar around the best track in Qld for the cost of a round of drinks but you will have to share it with garden variety ricers and such ilk so if you don't mind being embarrassed by the 2fast2furious crowd it's great fun (just take some NOS for the poor old Ferrari bangers )

14. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    John, forget about F1 cars at shows, they're all just junkers with minimal resemblance to the current race cars, plus barge boards get trodden on and kicked off the whole time.

F40, yeah, still the best looking. 288 runs it close though. Take or leave F50/Enzo in red, although both stunning of course.

QLD raceway is a great track. I really enjoyed racing there and did some wacky things with set up as it's basically an oval track with only one left turn to muddle through.

15. Gleggy

Gleggy Formula 3

Sep 22, 2004
    Land of Oz
    Full Name:
    Gleggy
    Well obviously the Super Ferrari's in Brisbane have caused a bit of a stir, and by the sounds of it, it wasn't just the thought of getting behind the controls that got Moretti's pulse rate up! You really need to get another car John, QUICK. All that aside, the show did raise a question in my tiny QLD brain,there will always be competitors that will try and break into the supercar market. They are always spectacular, both in success or in their major failure,Mclaren F1, Zonda, Xj220, EB110,(Leyland P76 my personal favourite) take your pick and you decide what class they fall in. But there will be very few manufacturers that can deliver on a total package of 40+ years of F1, on going research,support for spares etc, etc. As I mentioned, on paper, the Koenigsegg's performance is up there with the best of the best,dry sump 806BHP@ 6900, 678ft/lbs@ 5700 (0-100) 3.2, 1/4 Mile 9-Sec, Top Speed 242+ MPH they claim, in anybodies book that's FAST! But will they around in 10 years when you need that special part? What's your thoughts on this? Much to Moretti's disgust, I think I'll go and polish the caps on the wheel valve stems.
    Regards MG

16. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    +
    moretti,a better option is to come out on the porsche club sprint day every month at QR and Morgan Park ( Warwick ).Cost is $120,groups of 7 or 8 cars ,warm up lap , 5 flying laps ( timed ) , warm down lap. We were at QR yesterday ( 5 groups , approx 40 cars )for a morning sprint and got in 4 runs ( 20 laps total) They are a great bunch of guys , very friendly , took my GT3 and 360 spider , got in 8 runs ( 4 in each car ) kept them off the wall and had a blast.
    rock on

17. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John

sounds good, who do I call ?

18. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    I've just seen a bunch of pictures from the Brissy show.....what a great show, being able to see the 4 Ferrari supercars in one place :) I just hope he thinks of Perth and brings them to our show in a few months....last years event was a major disappointment IMO :(

19. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    www.porsche-qld.org.au you will get all contacts details there.You can down load an entry form from this site or call Bill Black.
    rock on

20. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    thanks Scud, see you out there

21. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    no probs,won't be at the morgan park sprint sat 5/3 , I will be at the GP but will be at QR 16th april.
    rock on

22. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm going to GP as well, might catch you there.....I'll be the one with a Ferrari jacket on :D it's bloody cold down there

23. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I think I was wrong....again

24. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia