430 Exhaust bracket | FerrariChat

430 Exhaust bracket

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Gizzi, Mar 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    Hey everyone. My F430 spider has a broken exhaust mounting bracket on the passenger side. I've read about Capristo exhaust brackets and they look like they have a sprung mounting system. I was going to weld the bracket, but with the expansion/contraction, I suppose it will break again. Anyone else have this problem? Is this a precursor to a manifold problem? Any advice would be appreciated!

2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I haven't seen a Capristo exhaust bracket to suit a 430, but a broken exhaust bracket on a 430 is a very common problem from new.

It's not a big job to have it welded up and as long as it's a good weld it should hold up mate.

If you weld it up and it breaks 5 mins later, look at the person whom welded it or check your engine mounts.

From factory they did a **** weld on it apparently and that's why they break. Once it has been repaired properly, I don't remember too many owners saying it was an issue again.

3. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    Thanks Pap. Its broken along the factory weld as far as I can tell, so I suspected it was a crap weld. I'll break out the mig and sort it out. Thanks again mate

4. I16

I16 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2008

Whom would only have a gas axe!

5. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yep, thought so. ;)

If you can weld mate, no worries. Hit it with the mig and that should sort it out. :)

Ruff bastard! :D

6. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    Bracket is sorted. BUT, while I had the diffuser off, I noticed an oil leak at the F1 actuator block. It seems to be coming from the copper crush washers. I gave them a nip up, not that they were loose. Couldn't see any other issues. Was surprised with the bracketry holding the exhaust. Even with the lower support bracket broken, there is another cross brace that seems to take a lot of the load, so my fears about movement caused by the broken bracket are probably unfounded.

7. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Good work mate.

See how you go with that oil leak, keep an eye on it.