Would you trade a CS for a LP640 | FerrariChat

Would you trade a CS for a LP640

Discussion in 'Australia' started by trainwrex, May 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. trainwrex

trainwrex Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Perth, Australia
    Guys you are probably going to roast me over this discussion but im in two minds currently.

I have a CS which has appreciated greatly over the last few years and has started to obtain some collectability in Australia at present compared to it already having a strong following in the US and UK.

I recently drove a LP640 and am practically able to swap the CS for that car. Both cars are different beasts and both amazingly enjoyable for various opposing reasons.

The question being will the LP640 have some collectability as the CS being that there were also only ~600 cars made worldwide.

Both cars are imports
    CS U.K
    LP640 Singapore

CS has 65k km
    LP640 22k km.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #2 PAP 348, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    It depends why you want to trade. Is it just to try something new? Do you have space to keep the CS? The CS will maintain its value but if you are bored of driving it than maybe it's time to try something new. Can't imagine the lp640 being a long termer.

The main difference is that lp640 would be easier to drive in the sense it wouldn't be so loud etc. The CS would be more fun for twisty roads and track days.

4. trainwrex

trainwrex Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Perth, Australia
    ha paps they are a beautiful car this is why im in such a dilemma of sorts!!

I would like to try something new as I have never owned a lambo.

I am thinking about keeping it and have both but funds wise may be difficult.

I love the CS you can never get bored of it. The kms are my only concern with that, but im not sure how much of that is an issue these days. The sound is one of the great things of the CS. I would have to change the LP640s exhaust as it is very quiet.

Handling wise the CS destroys the LP640.

The LP640 would probably not be a long termer so im worried that it would be hard to get back into a CS If I wanted to.

5. Bounce

Bounce Formula 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Maybe do a trade for 2 weeks... then you'll know exactly what you want.

6. andecorp

andecorp Formula 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Melb
    Totally personal choice. I'd swap the CS for the LP640 in a heart beat, hoping the dealer won't change his mind :)

However, the CS will keep appreciating while the LP will only go down. Also, tons of Australian delivered LP640's around. It will be hard to sell an import when its time will come.

7. trainwrex

trainwrex Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Perth, Australia
    If only!!!

the LP is a wow car when I saw it I didn't remember how much of it is in your face whilst the CS is nice and subtle until you turn the key. the LP was disappointing sound wise but can easily be fixed.

If the LP will go down in value (I thought it may hold its value due to its rarity?) then the other option would be to get a pre LP which are around 100k less depending on year and try swingle both. However I have been told that the LP is way ahead of the 6.2l versions.