Why did you choose Ferrari? | FerrariChat

Why did you choose Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Tatters, May 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tatters

Tatters Rookie

May 24, 2015
    I don't own a Ferrari, nor am I planning on buying one anytime soon, just wondering when purchasing something that costs as much as a Ferrari, how do you decide it is the one, compared to Lamborghini, Porsche, Mclaren and other nice cars?

When I think of what my dream car is Ferrari is always top of the list, I love Porsche, but in Australia a Porsche 911 Turbo seems to cost the same as what a brand new Ferrari does!
    Which sort of turns me off it as I feel a Ferrari is a better brand, but I would feel a little ripped off with any of these cars compared to the US.

I also can't passed how much of an attention seeker the Lambo family is, which makes me love them, and hate them, don't think I would want to be seen in one!
    I guess it would be hard to care about being judged in one, but I just think they are too much.

Never been in a Mclaren, so no real idea what I would think about it, I think it is my favorite car brand, but just so drawn to Ferrari.

So I am interested in what you all feel about the other brands?
    Obviously everyone can agree they are amazing cars, but what sets Ferrari apart for you all?

2. Big A

Big A Karting

Jan 21, 2015
    Australia
    Hey tatters,
    I'm in Aus and I was making that decision about 6 months ago. I was considering the Lamborghini huracan against the 458. Always been a fan of Ferrari but when the huracan was unveiled it was a beautiful car, just as fast if not probably faster then the 458, was a newly released model compared to the 458 which was 5 years old now and was also over 100k cheaper. So it was a no brainer which was the better choice.
    But then I drove a 458 and I was blown away what a phenomenal car it was to drive. That engine is absolute gold. The thing is ferocious in the way it accelerates. Throttle response is amazing, that engine sound intoxicating. It was love. For days after that first drive I was still shaking my head in awe of this machine.
    As days went by I convinced myself that the huracan would be just as amazing to drive, so I went down to the lambo dealer and took one for a drive.
    test drive over I jump out of the huracan and the sales man is smiling at me asking me what I thought of it and how fantastic of a car the huaracan was. I smile back and politely say yes it was a great car. But I couldn't help thinking as I walk back into the showroom that for some reason I didn't have the same big grin on my face that I did when I got out of my drive in the 458.
    Needless to say I ended up buying a 458 and 6 months later every time I drive it I still get out of it each time shaking my head in disbelief at what a phenomenal piece of automotive geniuse the 458 is.

3. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #3 PAP 348, May 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    The aesthetics and sound are the two areas Ferrari win IMO. Mclaren and Porsche are too rational and aren't very emotive when you lay your eyes on them. The new Lamborghinis are very angular and not very graceful. At the end of the day, liking something is what resonates with you and what the company's visions and values that translate into the product.

5. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    No other brand evokes the passion or driving experience that Ferrari delivers. These girls are feisty and will talk back but when you want them to perform they will deliver everytime exceeding any expectation you have. They have emotions whereas with all other brands well they are just ... cars. Ten plus years of Ferrrari ownership and each model I have had has made every drive no matter how short it was memorable and joyous. When not being driven well is there any other better art work sitting in that room of the house (most people call it a garage) which I call the bedroom for my Ferrari which she shares with my other cars.

6. freaky1

freaky1 Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 10, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Why did I decide on a Ferrari compared to other brands ?

Because its a Ferrari !

Besides, as has already been stated when not being driven makes for a great piece of artwork to gravitate around and admire.

7. Tatters

Tatters Rookie

May 24, 2015
    Thanks for the replies, sort of feel like you guys said how I feel.

I saw a 458 Spyder the other day, and it just made my jaw drop to be honest!
    I don't own one nor am I a big fan of F1, but just the sound it made as it drove buy is incredible!

And I do feel like I understand thinking they aren't just a car, compared to the Lamborghinis I have seen in my life, all I thought about them was "If only we had no speed limits!"

Guess it is time to start saving ;)

8. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #8 PAP 348, May 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017