Freighting equipment from the US | FerrariChat

Freighting equipment from the US

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aedo, Jul 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm looking to get some equipment from the US so thought I'd see if anyone here does this (or can recommend someone who does).

The equipment is second hand and some of it I need ASAP - so airfright - the other will be in a 20' sea container.

The first is a set of four SCBA units plus a test kit. Packaged together is 1.2m x 1.0m x 1.0m and weighs about 135kg. I have been quoted ~$2.5k to airfreight this to Perth - would like a better option if possible (value of equipment is ~U$7k).

The container will be used to bring two small underground loaders from near Denver to Perth. The loaders can be trucked on an open truck to Long Beach and then loaded into a 20' container (I believe they are plentiful there and inexpensive). Don't have any quotes on this yet.

Thanks

2. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard

Hi Steve

Try DHL ETS system for the Airfreight

You need an account with DHL and then request a quote

But my rate chart say $6.00 Kg from West Coast USA + Fuel Levy (11%?) - so less than $1000.00

3. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    But don't forget airfreight above small packages uses volumetric formula - your box comes in at 1.2m3 which they'll charge at around 300kg equivalent...