Highway patrol | FerrariChat

Highway patrol

Discussion in 'Australia' started by au-yt, Nov 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    I started this thread for "discussion" about our Highway Patrol Police that I hope will be a balanced discussion as I know we are all law abiding motorist.

I saw a rare event today on my way south on the M5 out of Sydney. a Highway Patrol Car ( HPC) had on the led readout on the roof "keep left unless overtaking"
    well I actually saw a HPC pull up behing a car in the right lane that wasnt speeding, follow it for a good K with no one in the left and then reds and blues and off to the side they went.
    I think I saw for the first time someone actually get booked for this offence

2. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Good to see.

KIAI has a kind word for them too. ;)

3. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I travel south on the M7 and then M5 everyday, see it occasionally, but needs to happen more often especially on the M7 which is full of truck driving below the speed limit in the right hand lane

4. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    When I become Prime Minister I'm going to make it illegal for trucks to occupy the far right hand lane on any road, ever (unless it's a right hand turn lane of course).

Especially at traffic lights.

Few things are more annoying than trucks taking up every lane at the front of the cue, so that when the lights finally turn green only about 3 cars get through because the trucks accelerate so slowly. :(

5. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  6. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    My pet hate is when on a 2 lane highway two cars stay next to each other so you have to follow them in frustration waiting for one or the other to finally get the hint and pass the other ..

7. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  8. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I might vote for you ............... if you had a manual 355 and the speed limit was raised to 295 kph .........

I have so many pet hates with the idiots up here there isn't enough disk space on fchat, some :

1. Slow response from the idiots at the front of the queue to realise the lights have changed
    2. Morons sitting in the right lane 10 kph below the speed limit in heavy traffic
    3. Coppers sitting on their fat arses letting a camera do their dirty work
    4. Coppers using their one card trick of speed while letting bad driving getting a free run
    5. Idiots waiting until the death knock to get off the freeway from the right-hand lane
    6. Cars with 2 women in them (no-one is watching the road but the lips are flapping big time)
    7. Idiots videoing my car while driving and nearly hitting it due to not paying attention to the traffic slowing down
    8. Idiots that can't parallel park
    9. Old people trying to take someone with them when they die driving (you can pick them, they drive 575s :p )
    10. Morons that leave their driver's door fully open while parked thinking they have every right to open it as you drive past :mad:

9. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    You'd be used to the slow take offs with all that clutch slip from the F1 transmission right? 😛

10. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    That's cruel, he knows he made a mistake with the slower gearbox :p

11. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    STFU X 355F1 :D

You guys should be nice to me. I found out today that my crappy original Ferrari headers are finally ****ed.

Then I checked the price of new Tubi headers.

Suffice to say the car will be spending the next month or two under its cover.

:(

12. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #12 PAP 348, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A VERY common problem for those ****box 355s! :p

Lol, might have to sell a kidney for a replacement set eh? ;)

The 348s don't suffer from a failed header problem, but that's none of my business. :eek:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    No pants?

14. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Haha!

15. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    You're rude Muriel

16. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    While we all apreciate the good work our constabular do on the roads and as a few of have whitnesed nabbing right lane hogers.
    It is helpfull to be aware of there precence and one of the other Fchat threads an app was discussed that helps alert drivers to road hazzards and the like and give up the opportunity to ensure we are abiding by the law as we do when we go past one of the HWC or one of NSW mobile tax collection units.
    It has a nice map that shows where you are and what speed you are doing and as you travel along it shows were others are that are using the app if you want its an option, Traffic hazards like road works accidents etc.
    The App allows you to enter hazards as you see them with a couple of taps on the screen of your device help on the screen by an appropriate securing device so it is hands free as it should be.
    The APP is waze. it has some requirements like data for sharing helpfull info , GPS and I would recomend power to the device.
    I have found this very helpfull and its always nice to be able assist our local law enforcement agencies.

17. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks Graeme, I am now part of the solution instead of the problem :)

18. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I didn't think WAZE had reached critical mass in Australia. Are you saying you're getting good info out of it?

19. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    My experience yesterday on the jurney south on the M5 out of sydney it worked.
    For anything like this to reach critical mass it needs exposure and use. Mentioning it here is a start, unless there is a better APP.

20. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I think I'll incorporate it into my ECM suite

21. DMWC

DMWC Formula 3

Jan 23, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    David C
    Clearly an ex military background

22. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I've had more jobs than The Fugitive

23. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    ere you good at any of them :)

24. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Can we make citizen arrests in Australia?

I was following behind a (hooded) female driver...
    She failed to indicate a turn at traffic lights, then was slow to respond to the light change. She was weaving from side to side in her lane like she was drunk (and not pulling over to the left in an 80kph zone). Then I realised she had been texting for the last few kilometers. I sounded my horn as I was forced to overtake on the inside. She ignored it. Probably because she couldn't see or hear me with her hoodie on.
    I noted that she was still texting for the next few kilometers whilst tailgating cars in front of her.

I would have loved to have uploaded a video of her to YouTube (but of course, using a mobile phone to take photos whilst driving is illegal).

25. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Young girls are the worst and most aggressive drivers on the road.

Sadly, when they get older, not much changes.