MTV 308 | FerrariChat

MTV 308

Discussion in 'Australia' started by 6t7, Aug 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 6t7

6t7 Karting

Aug 19, 2012
    Oz
    Full Name:
    Brett
    When I was a kid there was a huge commotion around the launch of a new TV show from the U.S. It was MTV - music television and it introduced all to Richard Wilkins. He must have been 18 years old the an amazing 80's hairdo.
    Anyhoo to get everyone excited there was a promo that went for about 6 months before the show and, I think, on that first show Dicky spun the barrel and some lucky human won a Ferrari! It was red and I'm sure it was a 308.
    Just to satisfy me really, does anybody know who won it or where it ended up?
    Curious is all...

2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I remember the competition because I entered it :eek: but I didn't win :(

It was part of Beverly Hills Cop 2 coming out to cinemas. You had to buy a paper, watch the movie then write down the number plate to enter then the draw took place on MTV which started around the same time.

They used the 308 and 328 in the movie but I think the 328 was the car they gave away :eek:

I asked the same question a few years ago but no one had an answer :eek:

3. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    It was a 328 and I believe the winner was a Sydneysider (and I think funnily enough from Beverly Hills). I sent in about 500 entries, stayed up for the draw which happened about 1am and I'm sure I saw one of my envelopes fall out of the barrel :D Know eye dear where that car is now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk