Thinking of an import for 2017 -> 2018 | FerrariChat

Thinking of an import for 2017 -> 2018

Discussion in 'Australia' started by rob_london_sydney, Oct 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob_london_sydney

Oct 22, 2005
    London as of January
    Full Name:
    Rob M
    Hi All,
    OK, so I've read the many threads about relative values of imports in Aus, and am ok with the opinions.

My question is more along the lines of what car to target? I expect with Brexit, that the currency will soften further, and for a good few years. This means that any car bought here (I'm in London), will gain value solely due to currency. I'm in a position where I might spend up to about £100,000, and here on Auto Trader UK - New & used cars for sale there are quite a few interesting cars up to that point.

When I compare that with carsales, its not a bad uptick even today, but if you think currency might swing further, then the result would be even better.

I've previously imported a car from the UK to Aus, so I'm familiar with the personal importation route, up to 2009 when I did my last car. I understand things have changed a little recently, so maybe there's some additional compliance aspect to consider?

Just a thing; being on a Ferrari website, I guess there may be a few suggestions towards this make. I'm not fixed on it, and I understand getting the F430 through may be different than a 360, due to where the RAWS regulations were, but under personal import regs, I believe the applicable process and compliance is slightly different.

Any suggestions would be most welcome, along with any ideas from people who maybe want to source a car from the UK as well, in which case maybe we can discuss it.

Thx,
    Rob