WTB: manual 360 | FerrariChat

WTB: manual 360

Discussion in 'Australia' started by sierra055, Oct 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    Hi everyone, i've been lurking for a long time biding my time and researching all I can.

I'm looking for a red/tan or red/black manual 360. I would prefer a Modena, but would also consider a spider if it was the right car. Ideally the car would be an 02 or later and locally delivered, but again, if the car has had the important fixes done I would consider all options.

Although there are a few silver ones on carsales at the moment, I can't quite tear myself away from the newbie F car owner's need for a red one. Also, the couple i've been in contact with, don't instil me with confidence given lack of regular servicing. This is why I thought to reach out here in the hope that someone who is passionate enough about their car to not only service and maintain it properly but also engage with other like minded people may be considering selling their car.

if anyone has a lead on a suitable car I'd really appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks!

2. Alizzi

Alizzi Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Victoria, Australia
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Hope you find the right one! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your search Marshall.

4. Maranello550

Maranello550 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary

Good luck. The 360 is a great car......

5. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
    What is your budget?

6. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I was kinda hoping you weren't going to comment. :(

You're car is very nice, best of luck with the sale. :eek:

7. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
    LOL its not for sale

8. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #8 PAP 348, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That's a funny looking 360

10. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yeah... can't quite pick what it is about it... but looks better than any other 360 I've seen :)

11. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #11 PAP 348, Oct 26, 2016
    Now here is a man with great taste! :eek:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Nice 360 Pap.......The doors and wheels look a little different to mine but it could just be the camera angle and dangle plus parallax ;-)

13. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Why thank you. :)

14. freaky1

freaky1 Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 10, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Paul
    your 360 looks odd Pap, cant quite put my finger on it.

Might be something to do with the shields.

15. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Factory fit, for a factory race car. ;)

16. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
  17. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
  18. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    Thanks for the welcome guys!

Gizzi, I actually took a look at that car today! It's a UK car (obvious from the red carpet) and imported in 2012. The ad says the car was traded to a higher model, but the dealer told me he traded it "on a number of other cars".

Here are some of my observations and i'd really love some feedback on whether I am being realistic in my concerns or if this is to be expected.

Most of the panels have been resprayed, many badly. I noticed on the roof cowl, front and rear bumpers debris under the paint telling me it had been done poorly. In addition, the rear bumper has a zipper type pattern in the paint under the rear grill (grill was removed, apparently it had been wrapped in a 3m carbon film).
    There were some strange areas of orange peel on the bonnet and front quarter panel, interposed with strange shaped sections of very flat paint. The top of the passenger door also had some paint evident. There was a lot of overspray on the exhaust heat shields and where the side mirrors meet the black mount, the masking was very poorly done so significant overspray was evident. The rear diffuser was also painted in gloss black.

I asked the dealer this and his response was "of course it's been painted, we're a retail dealership and our cars need to look great". I get this. I know I am probably one of only a few people that would prefer to see the car in it's true state and if it were only the bumper that had been sprayed, it would not have phased me in the least. But the cowl being painted seems odd to me?

Drivers seat bolster has been re-dyed but was a decent job. Window buttons and door openers were starting to go sticky, but the other switch gear wasn't too bad. A previous owner has also covered the silver door kick panels with the 3m carbon film, so not sure what condition is like under that. Passenger window felt/rubber was pretty worn.

UK servicing history is all there and is to spec with around 3500 miles done each year and servicing performed yearly on the dot at Ferrari dealers or a place called Omega. Belts were done in 2011 before import, so are due. The last service was done by "Top Tune" in North Coburg in August 2014. There were some receipts from Zagame for ball joints, but the receipt specifically says only the control arm was supplied, not the car.

So in my unknowledgeable opinion, the servicing isn't really up to spec and the amount of respraying that seems to have been done raises a red flag for me. Now i'd be very appreciative of any feedback on the above. Am I being over critical? I know it's a 13 year old car, I know it's going to/should have some stone chips and signs of love (but hopefully not abuse!) but the quality of the work bothers me, but more so, that areas of the car that I wouldn't expect to need repainting have been done (such as the cowl).

Thanks again for the help and welcome :)

19. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
  20. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    I'm hoping to keep it to no more than $140k so the car can have it's own bank account left for service and mechanical items :D, however i'm willing to stretch for the right car.
    Based on my research I feel that's realistic, but happy to be educated otherwise

21. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    #21 sierra055, Oct 27, 2016
    Also, does anyone happen to know what this is? I was going to post it in the 360 specific forum. Looks like a sensor for something? There was one on each side behind the rear tail lights floating free.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    If you are looking for a stick Shift have you thought about the 355? I have both and the 355 is more like a Go-cart. The problem with 360s in general is that a lot of young idiots that make money in unsavoury ways have owned them and they have been abused and thrashed. Have a drive of a 355 and you will probably change your mind. ;-)

23. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    Can't tell from that pic and be certain but if there is one either side and it looks likes it's a vacuum line that's been plugged it's probably the bypass valve vacuum lines that have been removed due to an aftermarket non valved exhaust.

From the paint work alone I'd be walking from that car.

24. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    I owned a 360 first and much prefer the 355. But his budget is 140k haven't seen a good manual 355 any where near that price for awhile. Plus he will need close to that 140k for the engine out service the 355 will require (kidding).

25. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    Haha, the engine out belt change is a minor snag, but the biggest issue with a 355 is the fact I can't fit in one (well). Unfortunately despite my love for fast sportscars, I'm 6'6" tall and not designed for them. 360 is a squeeze, but not like a 308 or Testarossa.
    458 is actually quite roomy, but out of my current price range.

I think you may be right, could indeed be the vacuum lines for the exhaust valves as it is running a Tubi.
    In fact, i'm certain you're right as a close inspection shows that it's actually a blind rivet crimped in the hose! Thanks!