Integrate or leave i say | FerrariChat

Integrate or leave i say

Discussion in 'Australia' started by 3604u, Dec 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
  2. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    They should be more willing to mix with the masses instead of isolating themselves.

3. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    The Australia I grew up in was inclusive and egalitarian - it's the bigots I would prefer to see leave...

4. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    well I'd be happy for the lefties to depart to the utopia of their choice, but it's unlikely to happen.

The success of our post-war immigration was driven by the simple fact that people were very keen to be Australians first and Italian/Greek/Chinese/Vietnamese/etc second.

Islam is a politico~religious identity rather than a culture, and a dangerous minority perceive themselves as victims of christian/jewish/whatever oppression. These people need to be met with strength, not weasel words.

How can we tolerate blunt refusal to respect our judiciary? Where do you draw the line after that? I assume you're OK if Imams describe non-muslim women as "uncovered meat"?

5. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Have you not been watching/reading the news? I find it annoying that arseholes from the 7th century use our tolerance to preach their intolerance. What really pisses me off is how soft bellied lefty idealists defend them, when they would be the first ones to be made sex slaves or beheaded, should the caliphate come into being. Have you seen the footage of the ISIS controlled areas that have been retaken? Have you heard the first-hand accounts?

6. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg

See how you feel when they move to the Sunshine Coast and abuse you for insulting the prophet when you go to the beach in a bikini

7. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg

^^^^^^^^
    This

My folks and other migrants of that generation were proud of their roots but that was secondary to making a life a contributing to society here.

8. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg

Obviously not. How anyone, in particular those leaning towards the left think a culture that treats its women as second class citizens, has some sections that practice female circumcision (yes in Australia) and follows a prophet that "married " a 9 year old girl should be tolerated is beyond me.

9. vroomgt

vroomgt Formula 3

Aug 23, 2004
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    John ARBA
    Exactly! We came here to be "New Australians" and eventually we became Australians .
    You will find no more vehemently opposed to open borders than those who who had to earn their passage and who understood the obligations of being a citizen.

Today it's all"rights" and no obligations.

10. gated_shifter

gated_shifter Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2015
    Plano, TX
    with the vast numbers of muslims, locations around the world where they now live, and a seemingly unwillingness to total integrate, i can see this being the next 'large war' we see. many countries/citizens are turning against the forced immigration [merkel now even suggesting banning the burka and saying immigration was a mistake], the intolerance of their religion will grow old, and tensions will just continue to grow. i can honestly see this ending in a large scale/possibly world war. it may not be in our lifetimes, but i honestly think it's a great possibility.

11. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^,my family came out from England,paid their way(not 10quid folks),didn't flaunt their Jewish religion on anyone,happy/proud to be accepted anywhere that would not use their religion as a political football.

If you've never been on the end of a racist slur,of any sort/type....then shut the F$%K up!.

.02c

12. rob_london_sydney

Oct 22, 2005
    London as of January
    Full Name:
    Rob M
    I know I'm probably going to regret this, but...

I'm here in the UK, and we've just been through the referendum. Having Italian parents, but sounding like an Aussie after growing up in Sydney for the better part of 35+ years, I can honestly say that there's been an enormous amount of angst over here.

People have been throwing bumper sticker type slogans at each other, and all the while, claim and counter claim appears to be at one point held up as a point, and then at another point held up for ridicule as being based on incorrect information at best, or outright lies at worst.

My own friends voted to exit the EU, and I have mixed feelings about it. How do they feel about me? Do they think I'm here to take their job? Will they ask me to leave the country? My kids were born here in London, but will they have to go if I get turfed out? What will happen to the property I bought? Will I have to sell it all at fire sale prices?

OK, so some of that might be over the top. But it might not. We've seen a lot of the politicians here appear to be using EU citizens as political pawns. I'm really uncomfortable with this, despite many people telling me "Don't worry, nothing will happen".

And while we have a mix of good, bad, and those that are indifferent, you see a lot of racism. And its a door that swings both ways.

I don't personally consider myself religious in any way, but if I had to be one, it'd be roman catholic, only because of my parents.

The whole discussion of immigration seems very strange to me. Why? Because my parents travelled the world several times to look for somewhere to build a life after WW2, and eventually settled in Sydney. My own family now has travelled, and we're onto our second tour in the UK. I tend to think of myself as just someone who will live wherever the work needs to be done. If that means moving from Belmore to Bankstown, or Sydney to London, then I dont see a problem.

I wasnt born in Australia, but have spent most of my life there. I went to school there, grew up there, went to university there, but some might say that since I wasnt born there, then I dont belong.

How do you define who belongs somewhere? And why should people be forced to be squeezed into that pigeonhole anyway?

Cant we all just get along?

13. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    And if you think back there was a section of the community who railed against these immigrants (remember Pauline Hanson "we're being swamped by Asians") but fortunately the majority of Aussies rejected bigotry.

14. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Doc, do NOT spin my defense of the average Aussie Muslim into support for Isis. I didn't support the IRA either but I didn't try and demonized Catholics. Don't mix up the baby with the bath water.

15. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    #15 kerrari, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Actually plenty of Muslims here - big hoohah over a new mosque.

As a matter of fact, I did get annoyed about big bunches of guys (with no girls in the group, so possibly Muslim) ogling me at the beach in Sentosa (Singapore) so I complained to the lifeguard who chatted them. Did I feel threatened? No. do I think they shouldn't be there? No. Just keep out of my face and everyone is free to live their life.

16. vroomgt

vroomgt Formula 3

Aug 23, 2004
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    John ARBA
    In Victoria alone about two years ago which is the only figures I ever have seen, you I'm sure would be aware of the aftermath where there were roughly 1000 women treated in public hospitals because of botched home female circumcisios .

This is within a framework of an estimated 10000 in total and of course there were a number of associated deaths.

Number of prosecutions were in the single figure from memory.

Also noticeable is the complete and almost toatal silence on this issue from the tolerant and inclusive left oh and so called women's groups.

That reprehensible grub in Victoria that spent so much if her time trying to subvert child education and put transgender toilets in primary schools Roz whatshername of course hasn't said boo on this.

17. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter

Karen in a bikini would be an insult to everyone

18. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Just who is the average Aussie muslim? When the public face of islam (its leaders) makes statements that are inane (Halal alternative to Peppa Pig, for God's sake), or outrageous (referring to women as uncovered meat), what am I to think? How come the average muslim isn't speaking out? I did not suggest you support ISIS, but, in this country, I should be free to take a position on any topic without being labelled a bigot.

19. alexm

alexm F1 Veteran

Sep 6, 2004
    Coast up from Sydney
    Full Name:
    Alex
    They're not asking for good 'ol Peppa to be castrated and sent to the gallows.. they're just wanting to make their own show..

Anyone remember Monkey Magic? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_(TV_series)

No-one fell over demanding Buddhists to leave the country over it.. then or now.. in fact come to think of it probably now there WOULD be people who go faint over it..

Hard to have religious freedom we cherish and then make it only for some and not others..

Pity everyone is so much on eggshells these days and becoming so hardened and "offended" by every damn grain of sand..

Is this TV show the same as letting Imam's preach bile and hatred? no.. THAT is a separate question altogether and to be hit hard with the rule of law we have firmly established for 200 years now..

20. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    A couple of points: They didn't make monkey because they felt that Buddhist values were not being met in Gilligan's Island - they just made it. And not too many radicals spring from Buddhism - they pretty much do their own thing, and don't bother anybody.

21. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg

The creator of the muslim cartoon was interview on the ABC evening news show last night. He quite clearly stated that Peppa Pig espoused values that were "bad" and not appropriate for muslim children. Have you seen the muslim cartoon? Pure propaganda. Who is being intolerant here? Who is practising religious freedom? And the rule of law you say? It's being adhered to at the moment by the wife of a convicted terrorist who refuses to stand before a judge.

Those of you on here preaching tolerance should spend time with the community in south west sydney like I have for a couple of decades now before you feel the need to comment and take the high moral approach. Wake up

22. alexm

alexm F1 Veteran

Sep 6, 2004
    Coast up from Sydney
    Full Name:
    Alex
    He probably thinks Monkey Magic was "bad" too.. heck probably some seventh day adventists back in the day would be aghast.. your point again?

Let the judge sort out his own courtroom.. he has the means at his disposal and entirely unrelated to boot.

23. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    My point is that the "tolerance" is one way, hypocrisy abounds

24. alexm

alexm F1 Veteran

Sep 6, 2004
    Coast up from Sydney
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Yes I know what you mean.. solutions? end game?

25. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    He's entitled to think it's bad, and SDA's can be aghast, but SDA's don't try and disrupt our culture.