How to get off a "hot list" ? | FerrariChat

How to get off a "hot list" ?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by moretti, Dec 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    OK, enough is enough.

How do I get off this ??

It's a targeted list of drivers and selling Satan is now high priority ....... no point having such a great car just sitting in the garage.

Does moving interstate help ?

I need someone who really knows, not the usual BS dickhead replies !!!

The usual gogglebox crowd need not reply thanks

I have had a casual conversation with a barrister who said they exist in other states, does that mean that my details are already on the national database ?

I'm actually thinking of moving to another country ..... seriously !!!

Six weeks ago I was pulled over by a couple of cops in an unmarked car after they had deliberately driven below the speed limit in the right hand lane slowing the flow of traffic with the passenger cop turning around laughing at me knowing they were pissing me off, when we got to a roundabout I had the opportunity to pass them and flipped them the bird as I went past, they pull me over and lecture me on aggressive behaviour :rolleyes: even though they admitted doing it to piss me off.

They also admitted I wasn't speeding or had done anything illegal so I asked why they pulled me over and that's when the BS of aggressive driving raised it's head ...... bottomline, no fine, the cop who was the passenger thought it was funny .... arseholes !!!

Gave me flashbacks to 2007 FNR when Ash was passengering with me on theway to the ACT and the cops in Liverpool pulled me over and falsely accused me of speeding on Newbridge road thinking that I wasn't a local and wouldn't know that the speed limit changes from 60 to 70 coming from the Bankstown airport. They accused me of being over 60 and were pulling out their ticket folder when I said that where they were suggesting I was speeding was in fact inside the speed limit.

By this time over 10 (!!!) other cop cars had turned up to have some fun and they all laughed at the cop trying to BS me into getting fined for something I haven't done.

He wasn't too pleased and then decided to do a roadworthy inspection on the QV.

Ash started filming this with his mobile and got warned by the cops to delete it.

After the humiliated cop had his "inspection" he suggested he should drive it back to the station for more analysis, after I suggested he wouldn't know how to drive it he told me to piss off and all the other cops had a laugh, I don't know if it was at him or me but I didn't care.

I think Ash kept the video but it was poor quality due to the darkness.

2. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Google "Police" and "doing a Moretti"

You're very well known throughout Australia.

3. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    I remember that incident,you showed me the video.

This rally was when I met most of the F club mob.

You and I had a memorable run back to the border after the rally,if you recall!!

4. islerodreaming

islerodreaming Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Full Name:
    John - a proud Australian man
    No such thing as a "hot list". I know some highway patrol guys and know their isn't one.

John

5. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    What comes up on their in-car screen is the car owner and offence history.

Simple fix: put the car in your wife's name (you'll have to pay stamp duty).

If you want to put another layer of separation, get your wife to change her name to her maiden name, only one form and a small fee. Then change her drivers license, then "sell" the car to her.

Safer still, sell the 355, buy a non-red Ferrari in her name.

Red Ferrari = book me please

6. DMWC

DMWC Formula 3

Jan 23, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    David C
    I have never had any troubles with the police in the 18 months that I have owned a red Ferrari - it must just be a fact that the police dislike JM

7. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    OLIO

8. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks, that sounds very sensible, well worth the effort for me

9. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    the feeling's mutual

10. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yep, get a RW, sell the car to LM for $500 and be done with it JM. :D

11. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Change the number plate to KLINK1 :p

12. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It's taken. ;)

13. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Yep,having a red Ferrari with the plate DVL355 really doesn't do it for the fuzz...I'd have thought

14. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    From what I've seen, I can't work out how you got on a "hot" list in the first place...

15. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    We've all been a bit naughty on GG once or twice...

Wether or not such a list exists, the cops have software that reads the plate of the car in front and alerts them to unpaid fines, rego, etc. In Moretti's case, they see a red Ferrari combined with lots of speeding offences, which puts them into high alert mode.

16. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Yep,it's a pain in the arse for me.

I have dickhead renters who come and hire a car then lend it to another dickhead who's on the police radar,they get nicked and the plate's(unpersonalised)get taken.
    I have to apply on line and it can take up to a week before I get 'em back.
    It has cost the original renter a weeks' rent.

17. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Cop booking me on the Gateway said to me when he came back from checking my license on his database says to me "whoa, your driving record is terrible, and you're on the traffic branch hot list" , I ask him what's that and he tells me they are looking out for me ........ of course, let's book an old man who can drive and is finally in decent cars while the lowlife **** drivers cause all the accidents and the drunks go out and kill kids.

I don't drink and have never hit anyone or been in an accident caused by me but hey, I must be the problem here :rolleyes:

I'm sick of being picked up by jealous pathetic ****s nailing me just because I'm driving a Ferrari ..........

Back in my GT4 days I'm coming out of Sanctuary Cove in a line of about 8-10 cars sitting at about number 5 or 6, when a cop on a bike is sitting on the side of the exit road from the Cove with a handheld gun. We're ALL doing the same speed and he waves me over, got the wife and son in the car.

Tells me I'm speeding :rolleyes: , was the same day the FCA in VIC had numerous drivers booked at Mansfield and a member of the NSW FCA was booked (almost seemed like a consiracy from the ****s) ...... all cars were nose to tail so no chance to speed up .

Two years ago I'm driving to the hwy via Sanctuary Cove roundabouts, I see 2 roundabouts ahead cops with radar guns, I'm doing 70-75 behind a Prius, I stay behind the Prius as I watch this **** move out onto the road to point his gun at my car.

We get up to the cops and they wave ME over, cops said I was doing 81 in a 70 zone, the 355 speedo over-reads by 10% AND I was behind the Prius the whole time !!

I say to him what was the Prius doing , he says "I've got you I don't care what he was doing" **** tells me I can obviously afford it.

This year, going to the GP in the 355, roadworks heading into Coffs has 80 limit, I'm 4 cars back, lead car doing 40 the whole 50 km roadwork distance :mad: , no chance to overtake as double lines the ENTIRE distance, then we come to a dual carriageway with two lanes giving us all a chance to pass this idiot, the 3 guys in front are moving away from me as they overtake, Satan is in limp mode as the MOTEC has locked itself to 6000 revs and I'm looking at all the gauges to see if I can see why.

Cop hiding in the scrub as we came onto the overtaking section lights up at the 3 of us overtaking the chowderhead and as they were moving away from me I expected him to pull them over BUT oh no, nail the bright red Ferrari as he was a jealous arsehole making his day nailing the "rich" **** in the Ferrari.

I'll admit I went off and Troy was the adult in the car trying to calm me down (I was almost ashamed of myself but this blatant bias when the other guys were flying was pissing me off)

The cop then deliberately took over 20 minutes to write the ticket at which I again took offense (I will never learn), yes I knew he was doing it to piss me off but I just had to have a go at him for taking so long to write the ticket ........... Troy knew what I was about to do and he kept yelling "Don't do it dad !!"

I got to his window and asked where his other 2 mates were.... he looks puzzled and says "what ??!!"

I say "you know, the one that reads and the other one that talks about his 2 smart mates"

I would have taken me to the station if I was going to be a prick but he was getting his jollies handing me the ticket ...... karma hit later that day when the idler bearing for the belt that runs the power steering and something else collapsed as I pulled into Canberra (thanks again Mike for turning up with a new belt)

I have plenty of reasons to hate the cops (hwy patrol, not the real coppers).

They nailed my dad for doing a U turn at the lights in Whyalla at 3am with nobody in town bar him and obviously some cop sitting in an unmarked car.

They nailed my sister for speeding on the freeway to Camden, and let her off because she cried !!!! wtf ??

They nailed my other sister in the Hemmant area on a Sunday afternoon for 7 kliks over the limit and really gave it to her because she "dared" to query the speed, just typical of the arrogant ****s up here and they weren't happy when I told her not to mention the Fitzgerald commission , they're above the law here.

I've only met ONE decent cop here, in the QV coming home from Brisvegas and I notice a car seems to be dogging me but I'm sticking rigidly to the speed limit , then I get to the 100-110 changeover and two double-Bs are in lanes 2 and 4 heading south.

I had a double-B pull over the top of me the previous week and I had to slam into the median strip with all brakes locked up (he either didn't see me or didn't care) so I'm a bit edgy about going past these guys.

I follow for a bit to see if the truck in lane 2 will move over leaving 2 clear lanes on the right but no go so I accelerate past in lane 1 and the second I'm in front I slow back to the limit, the unmarked car puts on the lights and sirens and pulls me over ....... not to book me but to warn me about some speed cameras further down the road :eek:

He was quite nice about the whole thing, said he understood why I zipped past the trucks but the speed cameras wouldn't differentiate between using the speed to stay safe and just plain speeding.

That was the second time in my 45 years of driving that a cop had let me off and I thank him very much for using common sense and understanding of how exposed you are in these little cars that are very low and hard for trucks to see, one of the reasons I run with the lights up when approaching them.

My one accident was in the GT4 doing 87 in a 100 zone on the way to Gympie with the family aboard.

Car flipped twice, came down on the driver's side and smashed my head to pieces (broken in 3 places), broke my back, sternum, arms and damaged my legs.

Doctors told my wife to expect severe brain damage and that I will be a vegetable for the rest of my life, she said "Don't tell him that, he hates doctors and will tell you you're wrong!!"

The cops from the accident were very decent and called me every month for the next 6 months to see how I was :confused: (I'm supposed to hate these guys ??!!)

Towards the 6 month mark when they called they asked me to sue the govt as that section of road claimed a life every time it rained and the only way to get the govt's attention was to take legal action and as I was one of the very few to survive the accidents in this location they needed me to take them to court hoping to get action from the Beattie govt as it turned out they were using a material banned in other countries as the material became excessively slippery when wet but all the information was moved "in-house" away from the solicitors so no damage could be pointed at the govt during the Beattie reign.

The sad part of the story is that one of the off duty paramedics that happened to be first on the scene going on their fishing trip died exactly one year later at the very spot he saved my life and his 3 year old daughter died as well :( :(

I'm glad to say the 1.3 km stretch of road has been rebuilt TWICE to correct the mistakes made but I don't know what happened to the class action Shine lawyers were taking against the govt after I won my case, as it seems that nearly 600 people (according to the Shine legal assistant) had died on that stretch of road over a 10 year period
    Early work set to start on upgrading deadly Cooroy to Curra Bruce Highway section - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

I hate to say it but the Cooroy cops were very nice and decent people only concerned about the number of people dying on that stretch of road and I'm glad I got to deliver the case of Chivas to the paramedic before he got killed (tried to give him better stuff but he only wanted a bottle of Johnny Walker red, yuck, and he didn't even want that !!)

It took me 6 months due to the privacy laws to find him and I feel very sad whenever I think of the accident and his and his daughter's demise and I thank the cops for pushing me to follow through, just not quick enough to save them :(

18. abilliet

abilliet Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Antony Billiet
    Seek anger therapy

19. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Do what Ian said. Put the car in your wife's name, get a less provocative plate, and if you do get pulled over be as nice as possible.
    I know that last bit is not easy. I too have been known to make matters worse by being a smart-arse... :(

20. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon

Too long, didn't read.

21. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    You could be right , are you a cop ?

Smart-arse is my middle name :(

You know, I start off nice but it's the copper's attitude that changes my attitude ..........

Like I said, the normal day-day cop, all the time in the world as they are keeping us sort of safe and trying to keep order, never had an issue with them and even helped a cop in the UK catch a criminal who escaped from them .

I've only ever been in trouble behind the wheel of a car in THIS country, driven many 000s of miles in many other countries with never a problem ......... Oh , I did get pulled over in Montana for suspected drugs but it was a mistaken identity and they wished me well on my journey :)

Worked for 6 months in Fiji driving around the main island EVERY day with never seeing a cop but with roads so bad you wouldn't want to drive fast.

Driving holiday in the US in 2007 for 2 months, saw heaps of police, never stopped and they seem to have a more relaxed view of the level of speeding to what we do here, as does the UK, 2 years there, many 000s of miles and never even looked at.

Singapore, Malaysia, China , Italy, New Zealand ..... nothing but get back "home" and the terrorism starts all over again with the govt using the fines to pad their revenue, nowhere worse than VIC and NSW where it's a crime , a very serious crime as I was told by the infringement board when I called to query a $300 and 3 points penalty for a front slimline plate that fell off due to double sided tape losing it's adhesive quality (and yet most of my photos have the rear plate sent to me as proof of speeding)

22. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Take your ADD medication :p

23. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    18 months already? Errr congratulations

24. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon

I, oNly -reAd thingses in KLINK speak::;.?;.

25. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    To be fair, I've had very little trouble in my red Ferrari.

The only time I've been pulled over was probably my fault (driving around on a trade plate before my car was properly registered).

Since then I've had a total of one speeding ticket from a camera (doing precisely 100 in a zone that had been reduced from 100 to 90 two weeks earlier), and once had a cop car drive in the lane right next to me for several km - while I was ****ting myself wondering what I'd done wrong.
    When I finally had the courage to glance over the female cop in the passenger's seat gave the thumbs up then they drove off.

That record of infringements is probably the best of any car or motorcycle I've ever owned. :p