F1 612 Oil pressure gauge display | FerrariChat

F1 612 Oil pressure gauge display

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Italiancarken, Jan 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Italiancarken

Italiancarken Rookie

Jul 22, 2005
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ken B
    I'm unable to activate the oil pressure gauge "opg" on my 2006 612. Owners manual shows "ruler" gauge available upon selection of "sport" display option, however only oil temp and water temp and fuel gauges are displayed. Can the "opg" be activated via the SD3 analyser or ?

2. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Ken, read the "Bradan 550 engine rebuild" thread in the 456/550/575 section - you'll know why an oil pressure guage is essential!

Engine rebuild caused by the failure of a $25 oil pump drive shaft bearing.

btw I think you're on the right track with using the SD3 to turn the opg on.

3. Maranello550

Maranello550 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Hi Ken you might be better off posting your question on the U.S section as there are a lot of tech heads that will answer your question straight away. All you will get in this section is a massive humour thread drift. ;-)

4. Italiancarken

Italiancarken Rookie

Jul 22, 2005
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ken B
    Thanks Gary, I've done that pre the Australia post. Interestingly, according to one response, the US 612s pre 2009 didn't have an oil pressure gauge nor did the owner's handbooks show one whilst the "ruler" style gauges were used. An oil pressure gauge appeared on the display when circular gauges were adopted by Ferrari for 612s.