A note to my Australian Friends | FerrariChat

A note to my Australian Friends

Discussion in 'Australia' started by dm_n_stuff, Feb 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Ladies and Gents.

Please do not think that all Americans are boors because our President is.

Please do not think that all Americans are bullies because, well, our President is.

And trust me, don't for one moment think that anyone here will ever go to his barber or his makeup guy. Not to mention, considering how much money he has, could he find some better fitting suits?

Let me add, I am embarrassed to call him President of the United States and can only hope that his childish treatment of a leader of the free world, Prime Minister Turnbull, will not forever sour the wonderful relationship I've had with all you guys here on FC, or for that matter, have a lasting negative effect on US-Australian relations.

"Worst call by far" bragged Trump as he badgered the PM on an abruptly ended phone call today.

I suspect, but can not confirm, that Trump thought he was on the phone with Chancellor Kern of Austria, and figured he was dealing with some 3rd world, small potatoes head of government that he could blow off.

What an ass.

And in case you hadn't figured it out, no I didn't vote for him, but I pray that his soul-less, rat bastard carcass exits the White House sooner rather than later.

Sheesh, what a dooche.

Again, sorry he even picked up the phone to talk with your PM. Sorry we elected him, just, sorry.

Dave M.

2. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    That's OK Dave,

We get it - it's water off a duck's back to us, mate. I can't help thinking that Putin's gonna play him like a $2 fiddle, though.

Interesting times, huh?

3. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Are you kidding? About time someone spoke to Turnbull that way

4. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    +1.75 M

Anyway, we are still apologising for Rudd and Gillard!!!

5. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    He won't take your calls anymore?

6. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

That is for sure. And our stock market, generally marches along with decent daily gains, oblivious or in denial of what protectionist policies mean.

As to the notion that your PM needed a good scolding from our Prez, nah, that's your job, not ours.

I've been around a while, involved i politics my entire adult life, hell, even before that. As a kid I watched my father work with Democrats to elect Kennedy, Johnson, hold fast against Nixon, and had the joy, many years later, of watching my octogenarian mother vote for Obama. I'm not saying Obama was good or bad, but for an old school Kennedy Democrat, the election of a person of color to the Presidency was something she never thought she'd live to see.

I just watch the daily carnage and count the days to the end of his term as President.

D

7. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I'm still embarrassed by John Howard crawling so far up George Bush's arse, all you could see was Alan Jones' feet.

Nintendo64 likes this.
  8. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    Dave that's cool after all its his train set now.

An interesting analogy in the Australian News paper likened whats happening to King Henry the Eight holding court, which seems fairly accurate if you don't agree with his demands, off with you head, NB the US Attorney General.

9. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No big deal. Only the lefty media will make a fuss over it.

Trump is just pissed off becuase he's probably going to have to honour a deal he would never have agreed to in the first place.

10. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I'm really glad Trump got in. First major reason is because the alternative was much worse. 2nd...he's not going to take any crap from anyone....will that help or hurt America? I don't care! But....it was a democratic election, carried out in accordance with your laws....So stop your f'ing whinging and get on with life and assist him to do the best job he can.

I'm sick of all the PC crowd...about time someone who says it like it is took power.

Bas likes this.
  11. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    PP for PM?

12. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Can you imagine?

13. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Spot on. And I'd bet my left nut that he'll be there for eight years, not four.

There are limits, for goodness' sake!

Bas likes this.
  14. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

You don't take power in the U.S. You're elected. You get to be in charge for up to 8 years, that's it, and after 4, folks vote to see if you stay for 4 more. We're a Republic, not an oligarchy.

It's never time for someone to take power in the USA.

Oh, and it wasn't a "democratic" election. We don't vote directly for President, we use the electoral college. If we were a pure democracy, Hillary would be president right now. She won the popular vote. But it's ok. I get it. You're a rabble rouser, a trouble maker, and you enjoy stirring ****. So, stir away. :D

D

15. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Can we bet something else?

I already have all the nuts I need.

D

16. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    What a dumb response, apart from the part about me :)

It was absolutely democratic (according to your laws)....stop taking two words of what I wrote and trying to make something out of it that doesn't exist. The rest holds true.

Bas likes this.
  17. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
  18. 575

575 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2009
    You have to admit , it would be entertaining.

19. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Unlike the normal situation, I think I'd annoy people.

20. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Don't fret DM - we Aussies have lived through several of these episodes: Pauline Hanson Mk 1; Clive Palmer; now Pauline Hanson Mk 2... Trump was duly elected, we'll just have to wait and see how it pans out; remember, people get the politicians they deserve. interesting times...

21. sinkman

sinkman Karting

Oct 28, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    Full Name:
    Phil

LOL! Aint that the truth!

22. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Now we just need Trump to call back and tell the PM that FTTN NBN is another dumb deal :D :p

23. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Not even close.

Howard was by far the best PM this country has had in my lifetime.

To be fair, Keating - despite being an utter **** - did some worthwhile things too, as well as said some truths re the senate.

It's a shame that the cheerleaders of the Left aren't mature enough to recognise a good leader regardless of which "side" they come from.

24. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Just shows you don't really have any better grasp on our laws than I do on yours.

I would never presuppose to tell you how your government works, or the most intricate doing of said same. Likewise, you need to do your homework if you're going to comment on how our government works.

WE ARE NOT A DEMOCRACY, we are a republic. Perhaps, as a stretch some would call it a republican democracy, but that's not technically correct.

Just as a side note, when we do the USA's pledge to the flag, they get it right.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands, one nation (under God) indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I put the "under God" in parenthesis because it was added in the 50's during the commie scare, and is not a part of the original pledge.

So, lets back up. Under our electoral college system, Trump was elected POTUS, he was not democratically elected, we did not vote DIRECTLY for him, as we would have in a democracy. (If you're still curious about what a democracy is, well, google it.)

Nah, let me make it easy, Plato devised the notion of a republic, The ancient Greeks a democracy. Republics use representatives, democracies vote directly on whatever the issue of the day is.

But no, you're right, I'm wrong. I have no understanding of the workings of government here, or our electoral process, and you do.

And finally, we do not TAKE POWER, we transition it. :D

Civics lesson for the day is over, class dismissed.

D

25. NoSpeedLimit

NoSpeedLimit Karting

Sep 6, 2013
    I think the whole world will have a lot of fun in the future:

“I helped bring down the Soviet Union, so maybe there’s another union that needs a little taming,” Ted Malloch said when asked by BBC’s “This Week” why he wanted to be the EU ambassador.