A Century Of Ferraris - Adelaide | FerrariChat

A Century Of Ferraris - Adelaide

Discussion in 'Australia' started by ashsimmonds, Jun 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
  2. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Dang, sorry I missed it. Some nice iron there - and some nice shots. Got a new camera or something?

3. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    thanks, but nah same crappy point-n-chute kodak thingy. but what better subjects than half a dozen flawless classic exotics and some lucky rich lighting... the three F cars really do look good together, got footage of about 15 u-turns as once we lost the Porker boys we had no idea what end of the planet we were on. :rolleyes:

4. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Nice pics Ash, another nice bunch of cars turning up. I really like the black on black 996 GT3, the best colour combo for a Porsche for me. :)

BTW, wouldn't some of these classics look great in the outback with Uluru as a backdrop. ;)

5. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    ash we gotta learn to do donuts properly in the gt4 as these 3 point turns are boring as bat ****

love the fact that we got andrew in two shots p!ssing in the wind!!

6. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Lovely pics! The Lusso is one gorgeous looking car. BTW, is the GT40 real or repro?

7. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    repro and done well

they can never call us cafe cruisers in Adelaide, where are all the sydney cruisers and melb and Bris and ?????????

the lusso cruisers well and goes hard but like all cars of that era they just dont stop they slow down, lusso, 246, and gt4

8. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    It certainly looks great in the pics; it even has the Gurney bulge for additional headroom for the driver! Actually all the cars look like they are in A1 condition; from the pics your Dino looks like one of the best around. Good to see these cars being used, and thanks for sharing the pics with the rest of us.

9. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    they are. the Lusso is just one of many in a collection so doesn't get used much, but otherwise considering these cars like to come out and play hard, they all really are in a condition that would compete for concours trophy on a worldwide scale.

10. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    yeah i saw him sitting in it this morning with the door open... his head was well above the roofline so it's certainly needed! reckons he still fits no probs with a helmut and all.

11. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    yeah no worries i was doing circlewerk in V8's and dirt-bikes in the outback before i had pubes, how much different can a Ferrari be from a HQ or Kwaka 250? think i got footage of the one time you broke loose... not sure if i was using lippy or handy at that time though :confused:

12. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    What we have 2 achieve is a 50's -2005 model f car, out on SFR and considering wot happens when we get new cars out it wasn't that hard this morning with the old stuff especially the giordini

13. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002

A number of original GT40s had this modification made to them on account of Dan Gurney; he wouldn't fit inside the car with the door closed! Not all original GT40s had them, in fact the majority do not from what I've seen in the UK classic car mags. Nice to see one on a quality repro though; it certainly caught my eye!

14. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    and everyones missing the giordini,

15. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I've been toying with the idea of buying a 308GTB, but those pics really make me want to buy a 246GT...what an awesome looking car.

16. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    well at least u can see both the 246 and GT4 in the sane photo, even though i have the GT4, me thinks that bertone had pics of enzo doing it to animals cos why change from the 246 to the GT4 god only knows

17. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    GT4s don't count, of course.

18. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    well at least they carry the name, and they are the birth of mid engined V8 cars in road guise

19. max powers

max powers Karting

Oct 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Barry Sidebottom
    Great morning shots ash, where do you guys head through? any nice pieces of un-nazified tarmac?

The Eagle and gorge are still some of the best for the constant turns imo but would appreciate any tips for twisties (PM if you would like)

20. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    well that's the best thing about the adelaide hills... you always think you know the good roads, you hit another one and it turns out pretty dam cool too. :cool:

21. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I love the yellow Dino! Stunning.

22. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Kate's certainly is.

23. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    So is Kate :)

24. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    what's with all the grave digging ???!!!