How to track the Antonov AN-225 | FerrariChat

How to track the Antonov AN-225

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by PureEuroM3, Aug 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    So I have been trying to track the schedule of this plane and it seems next to impossible.

Does anyone have a website or way to track this plane? I have tried using Flightaware but it does not have future flights. The closes I have is FlightRadar24 showing me a couple of flights today but nothing more.

Any help is appreciated.

Plane:Antonov An-225 Mriya

2. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    have you tried Flight Tracker or Flightaware?

3. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Seriously?

4. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Yes...seriously, set up an alert on flightaware

5. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    He is looking for "future flights", not flights that have already taken place. ;)

6. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

That's probably the CLOSEST you're going to get... future flights?

7. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #7 PureEuroM3, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. alexm

alexm F1 Veteran

Sep 6, 2004
    Coast up from Sydney
    Full Name:
    Alex
  9. CarbBoxer

CarbBoxer Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    PW
    Neat plane. I heard they were going to commission a second one since the first one is so booked up.

10. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    There's one in and out of KCHS all the time. It took off in front of me not long ago.

11. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

That's probably an An-124 (4 engines), not an An-225 (6 engines).

They built two An-225's, the other one is sitting in a junk yard rapidly decaying... can't find a pic at the moment.

The An-225's were designed to carry the Soviet 'Space Shuttles'... we used 747's for that.

12. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Gostomel Airport in Kiev. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9dZHrUF-l-c/Tk16fMokhdI/AAAAAAAAAAk/5gXmoaP4H1w/s1600/91303.jpg
    http://www.airliners.net/photo/Antonov-An-225-Mriya/1966903/L/
    Kinda like there are two Lun-class Ekranoplans, but people seem to think there is only one (the one parked outside) and don't know of the one indoors that is 90% complete. :)

? ??????? "???????" - ????? ?? ??????? ??? ????????????! ???? - OnAlert.gr

I want both unfinished large projects, plus a Buran. :)

13. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    So this is an awesome update, I saw the plane!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrVn-61DQE4&spfreload=10]Antonov an-225 taking off from toronto - YouTube[/ame]

It made a trip to Toronto and thanks to some of the groups I joined I heard about it. Toronto covered it incredibly as well, we had helicopter footage of it taking off!

14. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
  15. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    I can't believe that you can't find this monster. Kidding, of course. I was fortunate to see this apparition at the Abbotsford Airshow in 1990-91. They took off on the north-south runway (I can't remember the compass headings) heading south and no more cleared the southern confines of the airport when they initiated a hard left turn and performed an almost vertical 360 back to the runway from which they took off. They then made a touch and go as if they were a Cub.Then flew to the south east and turned again to make a landing on the short east-west runway and parked it. We wondered how many thousands of pounds of fuel were consumed in this spectacular display. We learned later that day that the Russian crew was living aboard the airplane including a shower. When we were allowed to tour the interior we could see a spare engine and a stack of spare wheels that would replace any of those whose tires had reached the replacement stage. And rightly so because the main landing gear was not articulated and they were all identical from one side or the other and they simply scrubbed the tarmac when they turned the airplane. We could see the tears 90 deg to the tread when we looked at the wheels. When we took off for home and over-flew the airplane where it as parked, we could see the black scrub marks of the tires on the ramp where they turned to park. Equally shocking were the aerobatic Yaks and Suk. airplanes that put on an incredible show. That entire airshow was an awakening.

16. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I saw this beast fly at Farnborough in 1990. But not before it had to taxi under its own power to the staging area for the aircraft flying in the airshow, after the only tow-bar in England capable of towing it had broken!