Book late | FerrariChat

Book late

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Bob Parks, Nov 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Some glitches have popped up in getting the book out to the publisher so it will be a bit late. I think that it will be available around the middle of December. My apologies.

2. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
    Can't wait...

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bob- We can wait. Now sounding like a Christmas present.

4. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
    I should still be reading Ernest K. Gann's Flying Circus until then, so don't mind waiting.

Really beautiful illustrations in that book... wonder who did them? :)

5. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    Ah dont sweat the small crap Bob. We can wait.

6. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Thanks, the book was kicked out of here and approved for printing. It will be on line by 11-25-14 or 11-26-14. At CreateSpace, Amazon, and Kindle, $20.00, also the U.K. and Europe.

7. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I just finished your book Bob. I enjoyed all of it, even the non-flying parts! It especially gave me a good insight into the world of Boeing. What a company to work in. They way things were done in the 50's there are almost unbelievable compared to today's corporate world. What an exciting career path you had. The string of projects you worked on and the immense changes you saw were a rare experience.

Your stories of the depression era were really something, basically connecting you back all the way to the civil war.

It was great to read about the growth of aviation during your life. The story about the group landing on the beach in Florida for a picnic is really a contrast to today and the many losses of freedom we have endured. The world is way better in many ways, but the kind of free-for-all way it was seems really appealing right now.

Thanks for writing.

8. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Thank you. i haven't had much feedback about the book but what I have had is all good. My Grandfather fought in the Civil War and he survived 12 battles until he was wounded in 1864. I'm starting a book about him. Thanks again, I appreciate your comments.

9. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Hope all is well Bob!

Is it still possible to get an autographed copy?

I'll buy as soon as you give me the green light......

10. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    I have several books all ready with my X on the first page. I can add a message if you like. Thanks muchly.

11. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    I particularly enjoyed reading about places I've spent time. College in Sarasota, lived right by what is now Martin State airport on middle river...

Also liked the honesty in writing style about social issues through the time periods.

12. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Cool! Just sent you a PM.....

13. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Thanks, I'm glad that you enjoyed it. When I was a kid in Sarasota the only higher level school was Sarasota High School. What college did you attend? I can see now that there are three or four colleges there now. You mentioned social issues. My two buddies and I were classed as "social issues" for a while by the officials and the police.

14. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    I have been told by professionals never to talk about a "next book" or what it is about. Well, since I'm not a professional I can mention that I have completed chapter one of the next attempt to write a book. It is about the heroes that have entered my life, heroes whose exploits were unsung but diminish anything that I have done. I intend to finish it before my 90th birthday and then I have another one in the queue.

15. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    So, I too received my signed copy (thanks Bob!) a week or so back.

All I can do is echo what others have said; fabulous writing & story telling!

I'm not that far into it yet, but suffice to say its so fascinating it's costing me sleep.....

Definitely put me down for a copy of the next one!

Cheers,
    Ian