MYNN-Bahamas | FerrariChat

MYNN-Bahamas

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by WJGESQ, Jan 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Anyone made this trip via general aviation lately?

Its been about 18 months for us, so was curious as to any peculariites or changes that may not be so well known or published.

Odessy still the best FBO?

Departure taxes, I hear, went way the hell up.

If anyone has made this trip in the last few months, chime in please.

2. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I just came from the Bahamas, although not Nassau. The departure tax went from $25/person to $29/person, not a big deal (unless there is some special tax for Nassau which doesn't apply to the out islands).

As of January 1, they just added a VAT, so be prepared for that.

3. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    EApis is always a pain. The pilots bill of rights over there is a joke. They don't charge "tie down fees" but charge you for "overnight parking". The cell phone service is always sketchy as far as calling customs on the way back. It can be a frustrating experience at times.

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I use fltplan.com for E-APIS. Makes it very easy. I don't know about Nassau, but at the place I go, the charges are not unreasonable, and the cell service is okay.

An overflight permit makes everything much easier, since you can skip South Florida customs.

5. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    #5 WJGESQ, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ft Pierce was not bad as customs goes. Atlantis, well they are the kings of padding your bill with false charges
    Image Unavailable, Please Login