Airport diagrams for the Caribbean? | FerrariChat

Airport diagrams for the Caribbean?

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Gatorrari, Jan 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Apparently, at one time the FAA issued Airport Diagrams for non-U.S. airports in the Caribbean. I've seen small copies of old diagrams, vintage 2006 or so, for the airports in Nassau (MYNN) and St. Maarten (TNCM). I'd also be interested in one for Freeport (MYGF), though I haven't found any evidence that the FAA did one for that airport.

If anyone has copies of these, of that vintage or so, I'd love to see them.

2. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Go To AirNav they have everything you need.
    Gary Bobileff

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I tried AirNav, and they did not have anything in the way of an airport/aerodrome diagram for any of the three airports mentioned, certainly nothing like the FAA charts.

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Are you looking for vintage charts?

Or do you want information about the airports?

Airnav.com does have small diagrams of the airports (at least it does for MYNN), on the right side of the page.

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I thought there was an IFR supplement for the Caribbean with airport diagrams, but then I was using military charts and supplements.

Can these guys help?

ForeFlight - MFB

6. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011

Generally flight operations in the Bahamas are restricted daylight VFR ONLY... IFR operations do not really exist, random (over) flight following ( via radio contact ) can be available... mostly as a function of ADIZ ( read US military operated )

Exceptions are Nassau, and Freeport ( maybe )... customs availability past normal business hours NOT available... special exceptions can be negotiated in advance

( as I remember, my experience is dated )

Cruising Guide to Bahamas shows all landing strips / airports pehaps you can find a vintage copy that will suit your needs

7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I guess what I want is "vintage" charts, since the FAA apparently stopped doing them about 10 years ago. I've found small versions of the FAA charts from that timeframe, but they are unreadable if blown up to 8-1/2 x 11. And unlike most European countries, it appears that the Bahamas does not publish their own.

8. wizzard

wizzard Karting

Nov 9, 2014
    Go to Sportys website. They sell a couple of books and some charts/maps for the Bahamas. Al in all some pretty useful stuff, and unlike the USA, nothing there ever changes.

9. Diablo 6.0

Diablo 6.0 Rookie

May 6, 2004
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Mike
  10. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I guess I don't understand. Do you just want the information about the airports (so you could go there, for instance), or do you want charts from a specific historical time period?

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I was hoping to find current FAA-style charts like the ones I have for all of the domestic airports that I've ever flown into. I keep a book with copies of the charts of all of those airports. The domestic airport charts are readily available, and I know that the FAA used to do them for the Bahamas, since I've seen small copies of them. I also have the comparable Canadian and British charts for the airports in those countries that I have been at.

I also keep a few for "interesting" airports that I've not yet visited; St. Maarten falls into that category.

The Jeppesen sheets that Diablo 6.0 provided links to will do just fine. Thanks for that.