Hey Lou did I see you? | FerrariChat

Hey Lou did I see you?

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Ak Jim, Feb 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    It was the 21st in NRT around 1000(L). The airport was in the process of changing runways. We were assigned 16R but had to wait for an aircraft to land on 34L. I could tell it was 747 and when it exited the runway I could instantly tell it was one of your 747-8 F.

2. LouB747

LouB747 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2009
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Lou Boyer
    No, not me. I've been off the last couple of weeks. Just landed in narita this morning (23rd). You fly through Narita often?

3. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Flew in today (23rd) from PVG, landed around 1430. Head out to SEA tomorrow at 1630. I've been on an 11 day, it will be nice to get back home. I'm over here every few months, just depends on what my seniority lets me hold.

4. onocoffee

onocoffee Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Hunt Valley, MD
    Full Name:
    Jay C
    Lou,
    It's been a couple weeks now but was at NRT on April 2nd in a 787/UA880 when I noticed an NCA freighter taxiing around. Wondered if that might have been you at the helm?

5. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    We should retitle the thread 'the Lou spotting thread' :D

Lou, besides Narita, where else should we look for you?

Regards,

Art S.

6. LouB747

LouB747 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2009
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Lou Boyer
    I actually left Tokyo on the 1st and have been off since. I'm heading back LAX SFO Tokyo in the early morning tomorrow.

Did you stay in Tokyo? Or just a stopover? Also, was that flight operated by UAL? I haven' t seen a UAL 787 in Tokyo (Narita) yet.

7. onocoffee

onocoffee Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Hunt Valley, MD
    Full Name:
    Jay C
    Then I just missed you by a day! Was flying back from MNL that day on NH via ICN. Transferred to UA at NRT to HNL on a 777-200

However, UA does operate a 787 on the NRT-DEN route (flown it twice) - and I do believe they're also starting (or have started) a 787 on either the LAX/SFO-NRT routing.

I made a mistake in the previous post about the 787. I had arrived in NRT for a five day stay on the 787 from DEN on 3/23 before moving on to MNL. I saw the NCA on the return.

8. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    We could start an "I'll be in Narita on this day" thread!