C-130 | FerrariChat

C-130

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by zudnic, Apr 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    A company local to me, does maintenance and upgrade work to a number of aircraft. One of them is the C-130 Hercules. Guess on Tuesday they delivered their 100th Hercules to the Canadian Air Force. My house is about 5miles to the airport and I saw this plane flying around last Tuesday. Now I know why a Hercules was flying over my neighborhood. Usually if its government flying overhead, its an RCMP Eurocopter or even a U.S Border Patrol Blackhawk helicopter. The Hercules was a nice rare sight.

story here: Cascade delivers 100th Hercules - Abbotsford News

2. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Very cool planes. My grandfather was a Loadmaster/Instructor on one.

3. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    It is a pretty cool plane. Getting pretty old now. The contract to rebuild our aging fleet is several hundred million. Guess new ones the C135 Globemaster or whatever its called would be into the billions.

4. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    The plane shown in the story appears to be what the USAF called the C-130E (or perhaps older) model from maybe the '60s or early '70s based on intake for the flight deck air conditioning pack. The USAF just quit flying them about three years ago, though they were old they were actually pretty reliable when I last flew them as an instructor at the schoolhouse. I have my name signed on one after delivering it to the boneyard. The new C-130J variant is a really nice and capable aircraft to carry the design forward.