Little King Air mishap at Moutain Air | FerrariChat

Little King Air mishap at Moutain Air

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, May 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #1 Juan-Manuel Fantango, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well you guys know now much I like Mountain Air. I think it is one of the best little mountain fly in communities in the country http://www.mapilots.org/. Seems one of the owner/pilots flew in just a little too hot and was lucky it was not any worse. I spoke to one of the owners at the top and he said he saw the king air come in hot and fast and other than that it seemed normal. He heard the props reverse, then stop, then a bang. He was not sure if it was nearby construction or that he had hit something, then the engines were shut down without taxing back-that's when he knew. Arriving upon the scene, the owner was saying that he had made the worse decision of his life. Our friend said, no, you just made the best decision of your life. By turning to the left and going off here you may have saved your life. If he had continued straight he would have gone off and dropped down on the road below, perhaps resulting in grave injury and ruptured fuel tanks. Our witness said he thinks he can fit a prop and fly out.

I took a picture of the KA on Friday when I arrived, thinking how nice....hate it happened but sure glad everyone is ok.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    That sucks, but glad nobody got hurt, like you said!