Fighter jet/air combat gift program | FerrariChat

Fighter jet/air combat gift program

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by ndpendant, Jul 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ndpendant

ndpendant Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2010
    Chicago- west burbs
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I was hoping someone here could give tips on a gift for a friend with a huge interest in fighter jets and air combat. Ive been reading about different places around the usa with Jet fighter fly alongs, and 1 and 2 day air combat schools where you can fly with or fly with an instructor. Can anyone speak to the safety and records of these programs? Quality of experience, etc.. Some are T-38/39, Migs, F4s etc to get a ride in and others are prop fighter simulated dogfight flights. Would like to do this as a gift for someone, but want to choose the right one. If there are any F15/16 pilots who want to give someone a ride as well Id love to hear from you.
    Nd.

2. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    The extra 300s you can fly in vegas will provide the experience you're looking for.

3. s52

s52 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    East Bay
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Cant help with suggestions but unless your buddy is in the military it is highly unlikely he will be able to get an incentive ride on a military aircraft as a civilian. I can't even take my own wife on a flight!

-Christian

4. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Used to be able to go to Russia, pay your $20k, and take your pick of which current generation front line fighter you wanted to take a ride in. That might be a little steep as a gift though.;)

5. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    An operator had a website as of a couple of years ago. Google some variations of key words, pun intended, and see what pops-up.

6. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
  7. ndpendant

ndpendant Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2010
    Chicago- west burbs
    Full Name:
    Paul
    thank you for the suggestions, I will check them out. yes 20K is a bit steep for that!
    nd