Bin Laden family members in plane crash | FerrariChat

Bin Laden family members in plane crash

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by 308mon, Aug 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308mon

308mon Karting

Oct 5, 2014
    UK
  2. Bulldozer27

Bulldozer27 Karting

Jan 29, 2005
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    As someone who was a market maker on the American Stock Exchange (literally around the corner from the WTC) on that day back in 2001, the most diplomatic thing I can say is no comment. For any PC types here who want to chastise me for being unsympathetic, watch 3500 of your fellow citizens die before your eyes when both towers go down and THEN tell me how you feel 14 years later....

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Karma, it's a *****.

I guess, "live by the sword, die by the sword" is insensitive as well.

One of my kids works for Alger Securities, almost the entire company was wiped out by 9-11.

D

4. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    I don't care when hearing someone has passed away. Even celebrities I like, maybe they get a that's too bad. But overall I didn't know them so who cares.

Unless the family who died was involved with Osama Bin Laden, then I don't really care one way or the other. If involved then they deserved to die.

5. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    One bad egg doesn't make the whole lot bad. I did a lot of work for the Bin Laden Organisation construction company in the 80s and met some of Osama's half brothers. They were entirely decent.

It is a very large family. Don't tar them all with the same brush.

6. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    Here's how I feel. One should not hold all the extended family members culpable for the actions of one individual. Nothing whatsoever to do with PC.

7. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Osama was a terrorist. His family wasn't, and disowned him.

How ignorant can you get?

8. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The Bin Laden family is huge.

9. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Should have said I only really care when knowing the person. People I don't know, couldn't care less if they die.

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Ironically we all now about Bin Laden but I bet not one person in the US can name any one of the 12 who actually did it.

11. sigar

sigar F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2005
    NorCal
    Mohammed

12. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Mohammed Atta...one of the ring-leaders.

13. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
  14. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Incidentally, the posts on here make a very good case for why you should not be judged by a jury of your "peers"...people are dumb!

15. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Pretty ignorant sometimes.

Some of his family, according to several reports that I read, continued to fund him.

He received money from his contacts made through his family as well.

Who knows what sources you can trust, but certainly seems more likely that family helped him with his funding than not.

16. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    safe guess :)

17. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    There is an old Islamic quote, "It was me against my brother;me and my brother against our father; my family against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; and the tribe against the world. And all of us against the infidel".

The above quote is a textbook example regarding culpability. At the very least, the family knew 'Crazy Uncle Bin' was up to something bad and did nothing to warn us, they just ran for the door and left us holding the bag.

There are well documented cases of Saudis and Bin Ladens families evacuating from the US right before Sept 11 and right after Sept 11. I was one of the first Charter aircraft to fly 3 days after the attacks when the skies opened back up. The hoops I had to go through just to file a flight plan and get a clearance was staggering. Emergency rules were changing by the hour. What worked in the morning didnt work on the next leg.

When the airspace was still shut down, special clearance was granted for a number of Private Jets to scoop up all the Bin Ladins and take them back to the Middle East. The ONLY planes in the air were military, Government...............and the Saudis/Bin Ladin clan on private jets flying under some sort of special waiver. They knew who was responsible from the get go. Uncle Bil finally had his day in the sun.

If the Bin Ladens are like every other large family.........they gossip and help each other out.

18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1
    Lots of ignorance on this thread. They disowned him a long, long time before 9/11.

19. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    Bin Laden plane crash: Jet issued six warning alerts - BBC News

Slightly surprised that they were using Blackbushe, which is primarily used for general aviation, with just a few executive aircraft.

Nearby Farnborough, owned by TAG (lead by Mansour Ojjeh), has much better facilities and privacy and is generally seen as the prime business aviation airport for London.