Dash 9 | FerrariChat

Dash 9

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Bob Parks, Aug 10, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    I have been sort of pushed into doing a profile of the 787-9 before I can finish the others on which I'm trying to get done for the Boeing Centennial celebration next year. A lot of the 787 people are pretty interested for office decoration. After studying all the airline liveries and finding that most of them are ugly, wild, or boring, I settled on the ANA design. It's pretty clean and bright and looks good on the airplane . So, maybe Lou would be interested.

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    ANA is also one of the launch customers of the 787 so quite fitting.

3. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    I thought about that, too, so it will work. I took a look at the initial launch customer, New Zealand, and I couldn't bring myself to even try to illustrate it and I'm not going to paint that airplane black anyway.

4. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

So I was puzzled... very familiar with the Dash 7 and Dash 8, but Dash 9?

Was thinking deHavilland... oops...

5. LouB747

LouB747 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2009
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Lou Boyer
    i see plenty of ANA 787s and think it's a nice looking plane. Is ANA getting the -9s too? I saw a Virgin 787-9 in Shanghai a couple of days ago. I didn't realize they were flying already. Looks better than the -8. Is an even longer 787 planned (-10??).

I look forward to seeing your work!

6. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Thank you. The -10 is in the design stage and has been for a while, I'm told.

7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    When I took an Everett plant tour a few years ago, I saw an original 787 from the elevated platform, and it reminded me of the 767-200: an airplane that needed to be stretched. (It's hard to conceive that there were originally plans for a 767-100 - that would have been quite stubby!)

8. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    I worked on that for several months and it was STUBBY AND UGLY. I worked on a study of putting the 767 shortened fuselage on a 757 wing. I successfully modified the structures to get them to join but the entire airplane was too heavy, of course. Possibly the only half way successful exercise of that sort was the 747 SP.