Is Taz still around? | FerrariChat

Is Taz still around?

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by FarmerDave, Apr 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    #1 FarmerDave, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    When I laid eyes on the F-111 at the Wings over the Rockies museum today, of course I immediately thought of longtime poster and contributor to this section, Tazandjan? (Terry?).

I wondered if this was a coincidence, or if I've missed an obvious connection to Terry's Screen Name.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
  3. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Very cool, and that would make sense. I tried sending him a PM, but he has them turned off.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #4 tazandjan, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    Yup, I am still here and no, that Taz does not refer to me. Would be on the right side if it did. My name has been on dozens of F-111s, but in general personal markings were never allowed on TAC/ACC/USAFE F-111s while they were operational. This is an FB-111A, operated by SAC. I never flew the FB-111A or TAC conversion, the F-111G, but did fly the F-111A/E/D/F.

AMP below means avionics modernization program, a bunch of digital avionics upgrades.

FB-111A

68-287
    First production AMP FB-111A (-247 was prototype).
    Pete Doe (aka Squatswitch) says:

AMP 68-287 was flown in to Pease AFB by Gen Searock and landed Code 1 (at least that's what was relayed to the ARC, the Aircraft Readiness Center. I know because I was Noah (maintenance control officer). That's Noah for I knowa nuthin'!!.)

Ex Lowary AFB 6 May 1991 (stores loading trainer) , now Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum Denver

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I used to have a F111 cyclic stick mounted as a shifter in an old car. My father had a threaded insert pressed into it. It was awesome for channeling road rage! :)

6. Tim Wells

Tim Wells Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2009
    Dallas, GA
    Full Name:
    Tim Wells
    I've got one on my Z-3 for that same endorphin release when I send that imaginary heat seeker up the tailpipe of the guy in the left lane that won't allow people to pass.

Incidentally, cyclic is a helicopter term. Just a control stick on a jet… The grip I have came off an H model Huey cyclic.