Kuwaitis Thumb Nose at US, Buy 28 Typhoons | FerrariChat

Kuwaitis Thumb Nose at US, Buy 28 Typhoons

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by tazandjan, Apr 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Miffed because we would not quickly approve the sale of our latest AESA radar and our lack of engagement in the Middle East, Kuwait bought 28 Eurofighter Typhoons, closing the deal with the Italian government. Typhoon does not currently have an AESA, but that is part of the deal.

Kuwait Signs Eurofighter Jet Deal

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I would have prefered them to buy "Rafales"...not because I'm french, but because the "Rafale" is prettier than the "Eurofighter", and "if it looks right..."

Rgds

3. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner

I hope they are miffed when they can find no pilots in their country to fly them. Maybe they can contract a few Pakistani pilots.

4. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Given the state of the Italian economy it was probably a deal too good to pass up, even if the proposed new radar is never delivered.

5. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

Yes...I did work with Foreign Military Sales (FMS) years ago...a lot goes on in the background that never sees the news...

6. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    The Rafale is a mature weapons system that will smoke Typhoon every day of the week. No contest. And with Kuwaiti pilots...I had better stop here...

My guess is that the Italians want to get rid of their Typhoons.