Anyone up for a flying trip to the Bahamas for Thanksgiving? | FerrariChat

Anyone up for a flying trip to the Bahamas for Thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Christian Sasfai, May 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Christian Sasfai

Dec 31, 2012
    Heath, Texas
    Full Name:
    Christian Sasfai
    #1 Christian Sasfai, May 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Since many of the folks on this forum are crazy enough to own both a Ferrari and an airplane, I thought I throw out the idea of a loosely organized trip to the Bahamas over the Thanksgiving holiday. As those of you in the industry know, the NBAA annual convention was the week before Thanksgiving last year and, at the end of it, I was ready for a break. So, I came home from Las Vegas, swapped the dirty clothes for clean, loaded up the airplane, and headed for the Bahamas. If you're after an exciting vacation, read no further. But if you're looking to just unwind for a week, but not be completely isolated from the world, read on.

We randomly decided on The Abacos and intended to island hop during the week, but the weather wasn't spectacular (mostly windy and I saw no point to bouncing around the Bahamas at low altitude) so we just explored the island. There are numerous accomodations from small condos to rather impressive homes for rent.

Since it's six months away, I'm throwing it out there if anyone is interested. If you've never flown internationally, Florida to the Bahamas barely qualifies because it's so easy, so it's a great confidence builder, too.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I fly to the islands all the time. Just got back from Abaco. I'd be down since I'll probably be there anyways.