Aviation themed license plate | FerrariChat

Aviation themed license plate

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by jcurry, Nov 18, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #1 jcurry, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just passing this along for those in WA.

Good Morning Aviation Enthusiasts,

Here is an exciting opportunity to support Washington state airports and also express your passion for aviation by purchasing an aviation themed license plate! Currently there is a proposal for the plate BUT 3,500 signatures are needed before January 1st. The plate would look similar to this:

The goal of this specialty plate is to highlight the importance of the state's aviation system, and to raise funds to support aviation and public-use airports in Washington State. The anticipated one-time cost for the aviation plate would be $40. Of that fee, $12 would cover vehicle licensing fees and the remaining $28 would support aviation-specific initiatives.

If you would like to support this initiative, please sign the petition here:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/AviationSpecialtyLicensePLate

Submitting a signature is not an obligation to buy a plate.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Very tasteful. Too bad design limits letters to 5.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    At least it's a Boeing airplane (though not one readily associated with Washington state).

4. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Yes, not Boeing but a nice shot of my favorite airplane and that hill south of town.

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    "hill"? LOL! I live here in Georgia on something called Blackjack Mountain. What a joke! It's not a mountain; it's not even a hill! I call it a knob.....

(One of the things I miss about living in Seattle was being able to throw open the curtains in the morning and see real mountains with snow on them. My old apartment in Mountlake Terrace had a bedroom window facing Glacier Peak.)

6. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Mountlake Terrace is just a few blocks north of where we are. I grew up in the flatest state in the Union where the highest mound was 300 feet, if I remember. Here in Washington we have grown used to seeing the mountains, green trees, Puget Sound and other beautiful things. I don't believe that we could tolerate any other place in which to live. Flying little planes, I had a lot to learn when I started flying in and near the mountains. The "hill" thing started when I came here in the fall of 1950. For the first several months I saw nothing but rain and clouds. Then one morning in December the weather broke clear after a freezing snow and on my way to work in the dawn's early light I spotted the silhouette of a "hill" just south of town. I asked a native ,that was working on the B-50 with me, what that hill was south of town. A snarl came from the back of the 41 section, " That HILL is Mount Rainier!" Another voice from the rear, " DAMN FURINERS!"