Cowboys...TY Ft Rucker for the lack of.. | FerrariChat

Cowboys...TY Ft Rucker for the lack of..

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by FLORIDAsnakeEyes, Feb 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    So we are flying our mission.

Can not say what we are flying, or where, but I am sure you can guess. Not many conflicts on this scale.

Who comes along?

3 UH-60s in echelon formation.
    Great.

Have the nerve to hit is up via the net and say "whoa, what are you guys doing".
    Well, here is the thing..there was no active ROZ but you know there is a active site below you working "under the radar". Then you are surprised when we split your formation at night, because you are running 100% dark.

Who's at fault? It's open airspace until you get near certain KB's.

2. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    #2 MarkPDX, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    Well either you did the stuff to have a NOTAM for your MOA or you didn't. If you didn't well then it's pretty much on you for whatever idiocy ensued. If you did the necessary legwork, well bad on whoever. But I'm confused a bit by your post so I would probably cast a dim view on whatever it is you are *****ing about. End of the day there are a lot of jackasses out there flying around with zero situational awareness of what is going on. Even if you did all the necessary **** you probably still need keep an eye out for random idiots. If you can't dodge a random idiot in a 172 what are you gonna do in a real world threat environment?

3. sigar

sigar F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2005
    NorCal
    #3 sigar, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    Are you guys not under positive control in MOA's while running your training missions? I always assumed someone was always watching. Also, what about TCAS? I guess I just assumed expensive military aircraft would have TCAS and be under radar control (where available). In the middle of Nevada around terrain I can under stand there not being radar, but I would assume 'Bama would be fully covered.

4. jheppner

jheppner Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    NY
    Saying this area is congested during the week is putting it lightly. Lets just say if I was a civilian flying through, I would avoid at all costs not knowing the corridors, NOE boxes, or even the different frequencies for the RT's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    You are MARSA in most MOAs.