Any contacts in Modena or Lake Como Italy for a GA flight? | FerrariChat

Any contacts in Modena or Lake Como Italy for a GA flight?

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Aug 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Headed over Mid Sept for the Car Guy Tour, and would like to take a flight to see the local area. Will be around Lake Como, Turin, and Modena. Looking for an instructor if possible. DA 40 TDI or NG would be plane of choice, location Modena.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. pilot_rick

pilot_rick Rookie

Jan 2, 2014
    I think your best bet is a seaplane ride in lake como! Been there done that. What a great time!

3. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    #3 nerofer, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    The Lakes are indeed the cradle of italian "hydraviation" (seaplanes and flying boats), even if it is in fact Lake Varese (of Savoia Marchetti and Macchi fame), but that is not very far...
    The world speed record for piston-engined seaplanes, that still stands today, was achieved over Lago di Garda (Lake Garda) by Francesco Agello flying the Macchi MC72 on october 23rd, 1934.

Rgds

4. renman95

renman95 Karting

Jul 16, 2016
    Oahu, leeward side
    Full Name:
    D8LF
    Maranello is not too far for the Ferrari factory tour and/or museum. I did that year before last. Nice countryside. Reminded me of the Central Coast in California...Paso area.

5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Was hoping to go GPH Tecnam factory but too far.