Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 02:14 AM
Formula 3
Banned User

Full Name: Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu_TR View Post
Vincenzo,

You make a good point. He said he had never seen or heard of such a failure, and he was really surprised. He seemed to think that it was due to being overtightened by whoever did the previous service. There were two nuts missing from the cam covers, vacuum hoses routed incorrectly, etc. Great diagram - thanks! They offer a warranty on all service performed. If something IS missed, I don't have to pay twice. Great peace of mind.

Mark,

As a result of the key being bad, the shaft turned and became severely worn.

Just waiting on a throw out bearing from GT Car Parts (both Bill and Ferrari had a one week lead time to get one), if it comes Friday I should have the car back Monday. Can't wait!
Might want to also consider replacing the input shaft bushing at the same time as the throw-out bearing.....Mark
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-05-2012, 05:28 AM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Jeff
RED HEAD SEEKER....I see what you mean, that the shaft looks to have been "turned" down, but....the reduced diameter portion is not cylindrical but actually tapered, and the shoulder is thinner too...that suggests wear...your thoughts?

Never ever seen this before....
Old 04-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

I'd bet the shaft cannot become that badly damaged without major destruction on the chain sprocket.

Perhaps re-post with a new, more specific/technical title to draw in some more of the F-chat resident experts (along with those that have already posted :-))..... likely they are glossing over the post.

Check out our Sponsor Ricambi for all the parts diagrams - great help (and supplier).
http://www.ricambiamerica.com/parts_...E&V=model&I=40

Rgds,
Vincenzo
Old 04-30-2012, 12:50 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Rob
Got my TR back, runs and drives perfectly. Radiator fans come on at exactly 195 degrees according to the temp gauge, and quickly cool things down. Car starts and run perfectly stone cold or hot, drives tight and everything works. Couldn't be happier!

Thanks to everyone for their input, I am also VERY grateful to Eric @ Auto Gallery Ferrari for taking such great care of my car and resolving dozens of problems (too many to list, from bad grounds to aligning the engine cover so it closes properly, et al)

I put 400 miles on the car in three days, I am really enjoying every moment in it. Just need to replace one bulb behind the speedometer, troubleshoot the erratic operation of the pass side electric seat belt motor, and replace the speed controller for the ac/heat fan and the reverse switch. Other than those items and at some point addressing a worn driver's seat bolster and shrinking dashboard leather the car is just about perfect. I never thought it would run/drive so well.

I went to a VIP event on my street over the weekend help by Lamborghini, S.A and to be honest, have NO interest in owning one. I'm perfectly happy with my TR

Last edited by malibu_rob; 04-30-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:39 PM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Roughly 2k miles on the car, runs like a dream.
Eric @ Auto Gallery is just amazing. Anyone looking for a true professional artisan in SoCal who knows these cars should see him.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:57 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Robbie
Youre selling? What happened.. Didnt you do the gt car parts fuse box vs. dave helms.. You did the gold kit as well? Did the car scare you? Hedging off? or you dont like her and you much rather have something else.. Just curious.

R
Old 06-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Chairman View Post
Youre selling? What happened.. Didnt you do the gt car parts fuse box vs. dave helms.. You did the gold kit as well? Did the car scare you? Hedging off? or you dont like her and you much rather have something else.. Just curious.

R
LOVE the car. Runs/drives like a new car now. Everything works. GT fuse box worked out great (I am sure Dave's would have, too). Did the Supremo gold kit, clutch, engine out service, etc etc.

However, I have five cars and two kids. We're moving to a nicer house with less parking space, and I am commuting more which means less time to drive the car. Something has to go, and I am driving my S550 daily now.

I may go in the direction of a new one next year that would be better suited to being a daily commuter car - we'll have to see.

It's a fantastic TR that's already been gone through for someone else who wants to enjoy it.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:47 AM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Haig
My Garage
Quote:
Roughly 2k miles on the car, runs like a dream.
Eric @ Auto Gallery is just amazing. Anyone looking for a true professional artisan in SoCal who knows these cars should see him.
+1 Eric simply the best...Auto Gallery all the way for me too.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-02-2012, 10:49 AM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Haig
My Garage
Quote:
LOVE the car. Runs/drives like a new car now. Everything works. GT fuse box worked out great (I am sure Dave's would have, too). Did the Supremo gold kit, clutch, engine out service, etc etc.

However, I have five cars and two kids. We're moving to a nicer house with less parking space, and I am commuting more which means less time to drive the car. Something has to go, and I am driving my S550 daily now.

I may go in the direction of a new one next year that would be better suited to being a daily commuter car - we'll have to see.

It's a fantastic TR that's already been gone through for someone else who wants to enjoy it.
What??? come on buddy, you are going to regret selling. I had mine for sale for few days and pulled it. 57K is a low ball price and someone will be getting a deal!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testarossa Lover View Post
What??? come on buddy, you are going to regret selling. I had mine for sale for few days and pulled it. 57K is a low ball price and someone will be getting a deal!
The market is soft on the TR's. If I don't get my asking price soon, I'll keep it.
I do love the car...