Used Testarossa Fusebox | FerrariChat

Used Testarossa Fusebox

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by New2Ferrariworld, Oct 6, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. New2Ferrariworld

Oct 4, 2007
    Does anyone know how to find a used fusebox for a 1987 Testarossa Part #129108

2. hg

hg Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2005
    I would first do a search as you can find several suppliers and also I would contact the ferrari owner's site and click on parts which directs you to the part supplier in England ( they have purchase all the factory spare parts for the older cars).

3. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

He wants a used box, not the $5,100 new one.

4. RHR Ferrari

RHR Ferrari Rookie

Oct 7, 2007
    Lyle tanner at [email protected] has one remanufactured for about 1350 instead of 5k. I have not used it , but worth looking at.

5. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida

I have good used one out of an 86 usa car. I wont be using it in my turbine project.

price 1000. let me know

raig

6. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Check Algar Ferrari. Replaced mine last year for around $1000 part cost through them. Jon in Delaware

7. Ferrari Rare Parts

Ferrari Rare Parts Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 18, 2006
    Rome Italy
    Full Name:
    Orlando
    Must be repro as the price has been very high in years.

Its great to hear some suppliers make the parts repro cheaper,then people knock me as I sell Nos parts!!!!!!!!

In Italy if I were to make Ferrari parts I would go in jail.I find it hard to believe that in U.k or U.S they make repro parts and sell wide scale without official permission.

I would love to produce lights that are missing and bumper bars for cars that need them ,but its illegal!!!

8. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

Ferrari NA just raised the price in September over 150% to dealers for that item.. check them again.
    Be sitting down when you do.

9. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

As long as they are clearly marked as an aftermarket brand and not factory made of marked items, anyone can make anything for anything. Here, that is.

Good Lord, could you imagine the utter chaos if you could only buy Ford parts at the Ford dealer?

10. Ferrari Rare Parts

Ferrari Rare Parts Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 18, 2006
    Rome Italy
    Full Name:
    Orlando
    I don't think thats the case in Italy ,as a guy driving a repro Ferrari was being convicted in Italy.
    I would love one of those every day use McBuirne Daytona Spyders,but am scared to import one as the Ferrari Company is very stricked here!

11. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    I don't believe that anyone is making reproduction fuseboxes for the testarossa. Folks are likely just fixing or repairing.

Interestingly, I would think that some of the electronic gurus on this site could make a bypass for the critical parts of the board that get fried (fans/fuelpump/air?)...

12. josemaria@cmsa.es

Jan 24, 2015
    if works for a 1991 model

13. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Gt car parts makes a remanufactured one. $1500 plus your existing one if I remember correctly. Supposedly beefed up where it needs to be, but I haven't confirmed.

14. CornellCars

CornellCars Formula 3

Mar 24, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I have used theirs with success in the past

15. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    in a few words......Dave Helms....Suderia Rampante. Any questions?

16. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    Suderia Rampante? Typo?

"Scuderia" perhaps?

TWO thumbs up for Dave Helms. He did mine, great job, quick turnaround and pleasant to deal with on the upgrade/fix.

17. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    yes to the typo. :) Yes again to Dave helms. Fix the problem once and for all then......go enjoy the car care and worry free.

18. chabch

chabch Formula 3

Aug 15, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
  19. chabch

chabch Formula 3

Aug 15, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    +1 as well, Dave Helms took care on my fusebox and problem once for all, plus it's way cheaper than a used fusebox, let alone a new one if you find it.

20. CornellCars

CornellCars Formula 3

Mar 24, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Probably worth noting since OP is relatively new to Ferraris that often the "problem" with the fusebox isn't the box itself, but over-draw because either the fuel pumps or cooling fans are getting to the end of their life expectancy and pulling big amps under normal operating conditions. When replacing the fuse box itself, it's worth checking the circuits that overheated to figure out what else needs replacing. We've had to do it on 3 cars now where the fuel pumps melted the fuse panel (one of which was a 3 year old GT Car Parts replacement panel) but apparently hadn't been replaced, so we had the panel itself rebuilt, and replaced fuel filters and pumps concurrently. Oddly we haven't run into any with the same problem on the cooling fan circuits despite having heard about the fans more frequently than the fuel pumps as a cause of fuse box failure in TRs.

21. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Probably you are right Jason.

This guy must take time to (re)search here and read a lot still :)

22. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Chabch, Nice find! I always wonder what other nuggets of gold escape us because of a language/distance barrier.

23. enzo52

enzo52 Karting

Aug 14, 2008
    France, Paris
    Full Name:
    Depensadie Seraphin
    #23 enzo52, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    F-chat member theunissenguido makes new fuseboards for very reasonable prices.
    The look after is like OEM, the connectors much bigger and he uses 2.5 mm2 solid wires instead of the plastic layers.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    you also may post a picture of the backside of the fusebox please or put a link here in where it is to be seen

25. enzo52

enzo52 Karting

Aug 14, 2008
    France, Paris
    Full Name:
    Depensadie Seraphin
    #25 enzo52, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Guido makes motherboards for Mondial, Testa, 400 series and 328.
    Because of the bigger connectors and also turned 90 degrees, white plastic connector holders have to be cut a little (fuseboxside). The wires have to pass first and then put the new connectors on wires.
    Female Connectors for relays have double 2,5 mm2 pins instead of 1X 1.2 mm2 OEM.
    Male Connectors for wire connectors are twice the size of OEM.
    Guido can be contacted : [email protected]