Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Model Specific Discussions > Boxers/TR/M

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2008, 12:55 PM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Don
The fact that my car was federalized by Amerispec was a major point in it's favor.

A couple of years ago, my car was in the shop with another 512BB only a few serial numbers apart which was federalized by Mardikian-- and hadn't been put back (or touched in the last several years, for that matter). You could really see the difference in the quality of the work!
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 08-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: David
Quote:
Originally Posted by donv View Post
The fact that my car was federalized by Amerispec was a major point in it's favor.

A couple of years ago, my car was in the shop with another 512BB only a few serial numbers apart which was federalized by Mardikian-- and hadn't been put back (or touched in the last several years, for that matter). You could really see the difference in the quality of the work!
I looked at some BBI's that had poor conversions. One had a O2 sensor wire running through a sharp hole drilled in the engine bay shroud with no grommet. Absolute lack of professionalism on a $200k + car (at the time).
Amerispec was my first choice but given the lack of inventory with BBs I was happy with mine, done by BAE; the Turbo people. Nice job.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:00 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Rocco
the best conversion was the one that wasn't done. The guy pays and probably payes extra and the car wasn't touched. No matter who does the coversion it's a mess.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:44 PM
F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed

Full Name: peter brinzey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
the best conversion was the one that wasn't done. The guy pays and probably payes extra and the car wasn't touched. No matter who does the coversion it's a mess.
i understand your point. but i do think there are some well converted cars on the planet.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 09-01-2008, 12:06 AM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Don
I don't agree with that, if you live in the US. Personally, I want DOT and EPA releases, and I'd prefer an honest conversion over a faked one.

If you live in Europe or Canada or someplace where you don't need to have your car converted, them I'm with you.

Quote:
Old 09-01-2008, 09:12 AM
F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Franklin E. Parker
Quote:
Trend Auto was notorious for that. They would convert a few cars to use for photos and test numbers to submit to the DOT and EPA to certify other cars that were never touched. I believe a few of the owners spent some time in the cross-bar hotel for that...