Testarossa front spoiler | FerrariChat

Testarossa front spoiler

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by tessmania, Nov 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tessmania

tessmania Karting

Oct 20, 2006
    Ireland
    Broke my front spoiler and so i'm raging.com Anyone happen to have one for sale or point me in the direction of a seller? A new one is as usual, quite expensive but if it has to be a new one so be it. Thanks in advance.

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Wow, how bad is it? It's just fiberglass and easily repaired for a fraction of the cost to buy new..

3. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
  4. Modeler

Modeler F1 Veteran

May 19, 2008
    State of confusion
    Full Name:
    a.n.other
    The ebay one needs reglassing in places.

How bad is your damage?
    Got a pic?

5. tessmania

tessmania Karting

Oct 20, 2006
    Ireland
    thanks guys. Mines i think is beyond repair as it broken in the middle. Luckily i haven't done anything else. If they are just fibreglass would i be able to get one made? i know nothing about it but i can get a lend of a spoiler from a friend for making the mould but is this an entirely different ball game? It would have to authentic and I would'nt want to put something on that will explode when it gets touched. They do seem to get the odd knock!!

6. northern frog

northern frog Karting

Oct 26, 2007
    Calgary Alberta Cana

7. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Having a mold made and a new one from scratch would be far more expensive that buying one brand new from Ferrari.

Your airdam can be in many many pieces and still be repaired to new condition. If done correctly will be stronger than a new OEM piece.

8. KatMan

KatMan Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Stan K
  9. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    I purchased a fibreglass one fom new zealand from a ferrari parts fellow who races a TR. It was perfect,just needed to have the little brackets added to it and have it painted, it cost me from memory $400 aus dollars including shipping and I put it on my TR at the time and had the original one repaired as a spare. I sold it with the car but it is worth googling tr parts new zealand you may find them.

10. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    Yep still have them. AFE parts new zealand $275.00 that should put a smile on your face.

11. tessmania

tessmania Karting

Oct 20, 2006
    Ireland
    Thanks a bunch. I'm on it!!

12. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile

13. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I would not go with a used spoiler unless I was able to inspect it first. Many of these used spoilers probably at some point had numerous repairs. That spoiler for $695.00 - Italian auto is worth a try. I paid a tad over $1,300 for a new spoiler from Ferrari. I wish they made one out of carbon fibre or something a bit sronger. Just my 2 cents..

Robbie

14. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
  15. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
  16. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
  17. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    Yep, they still sell them but VERY SLOW on shipping them out. Bought one myself. Fit was good though

18. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I stopped by GT Car parts in Phoenix Yesterday, Bill sells fiberglass replacement spoilers for $475 + Shipping. I email the gentleman in Austrailia He makes them for $275 but shipping to US is $300 dollars. Good Luck

GT Car Parts
    Classic Ferrari parts w/ overnight shipping(u.s.)
    (623) 780-2200

19. tessmania

tessmania Karting

Oct 20, 2006
    Ireland
    Thanks. I,ve been in contact with New Zealand guy and it costs $221 to ship to me (i'm in Ireland) so it looks like this is the option for me. I'll let you all know how things go

20. SOFTWAREGUY

SOFTWAREGUY Karting

Oct 20, 2004
    Don't be too mad. If you drive a car that is this low to the ground, you are inevitably going to wack that front spoiler. Consider it part of the experience. And, yes, they are expensive.

Anyway...
    I have mine done earlier this year at Classic Coach. Apparnetly I also damaged some of the metal or brackets behind the spoiler.
    The first comments from them was to repair it - it is just fiberglass, they said that the aftermarket ones did not always fit just right.
    When they saw what I had done, they then decided to replace it and did a great job.

Cost about $3k parts and labor.

21. TestaLA

TestaLA Karting

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I really try to get out of driveways... Sideways, straight, slow as a snail but I hear that crrrrrrrreeeeeekkkk sound, just awful. Before I damage it worse any thoughts on preventative measures? Like skid plates, will they take the beating or just make my car lower and even more difficult? In other words should I just keep wacking the spoiler and repair it every now and then or can something be done? So far I have turned it a bit white and I fear more is to come.

Also can you guys actually drive around and avoid those nasty scraping sounds or do you see certain driveways and realize its gonna happen no matter what...it's a five star restaurant in Beverly Hills I'm at the driveway entrance I got no choice fellas!!!!!

22. pv908

pv908 Karting

Oct 11, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Paul V
    Hi, smashed mine going off a driveway entrance that had a hard to see drop, before a rise.
    the sides and centre were badly cracked. I went to the local Ferrari.Authorized repairer and got it back 3 days later for $900, painted and detailed, with the black grill resprayed. Yes it is a bit more expensive, but you save time and money not mucking around with transporters and painters etc

23. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    It is not just how low the car is - it is also the great distance between the front wheels and the spoiler. I had mine removed and repaired by RAC here in Dallas for about $1,000 when I did my engine out service 2 years ago.

I have become paranoid - to the point that I hardly will drive it into parking lots or driveways that I have not inspected first...in another car.

24. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    I had my bumper sprayed after having a woman backed in to it parked on Rodeo Drive which left me with scratches. So the day I got it out, I parked looking at office furniture (Window Shopping) the car shifted down slowly while I was away and hit parrking block. think my parking brake didn't hold. It was $1,000 to fix. :(

25. chabch

chabch Formula 3

Aug 15, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Yep, it's not the first and last time you'll scratch or chip it. I'm very very careful, and still, sometimes I get caught by surprise. This is why the 512TR nose is shorter and higher! But I love the TR's low-to-the-ground nose... :)

My advice is for you to take it off the car, and do your best to fix it yourself. I've done it, and it was a little bit of a pain the first time around, but now I know exactly how to do it, I know I can do it pretty fast. Plus, once you have restored it once (fiberglass and paint), you'll know what paint is on it and you can do small touch up on the car and have a perfect match.

I see the spoiler fixing as part of the routine maintenance on a TR, just like adding windscreen washer fluid!