Shell Helix Ultra Racing 10W60 | FerrariChat

Shell Helix Ultra Racing 10W60

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Arakis36, Jul 11, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Arakis36

Arakis36 Karting

Jul 27, 2007
    Ciao tutti,

Was told by a Ferrari dealer that this is the best oil for a BB... I understand it is quite pricy but wondered if truly necessary... Being that pricy it becomes not practical if you change oil once a year like I do... I agree this fully synthetic oil is very high quality, lab tested, .... I currently use a regular Valvoline 15W40 with UFI filter and do not ride the BB that hard and that often... The Shell helix is really a racing oil where high Temp is expected... I am aware of all the different opinions concerning motor oils but also was told that at the end what is important is to change the oil as often as possible...

Would love to hear your opinions about this issue and 10W60 racing oil...

Many Thanks
    Cheers
    Carlo

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I cannot attest to the 10W60 oil but I guarantee that with a search of the forum you will find decades of alternatives that are not as pricey and will do the same job.
    I am partial to Redline products myself.

3. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    What's wrong with the 10W40 from f.i. Shell ... ?

4. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The OM calls for 10w50, so 10w40 may be a little thin in hotter climates. I use Brad Penn 20w50 in hot Georgia and have been well pleased. It has more zinc/phosphorus like oils had when the Boxer was new. ... www.bradpennracing.com