LED bulbs | FerrariChat

LED bulbs

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by ago car nut, Mar 22, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Where is the best place to purchase (quality) LED brake light bulbs? Single filament type.

Ago

2. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
  3. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    #3 Melvok, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am renewing all the bulbs in the back of my 512TR this week ... with "normal" ones ... :)

The orange paint is coming off partially ...

Prices of LED lamps are frightfully high over here ... two 21 watt LED lamps $ 15 or more

And we need 12 ........... and what is wrong with these lamps .......
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Led replacement lamps are getting better. Be aware that if you are replacing blinker lights that you may need extra resistance (resistors) and or a different flasher relay. I have found Ebay to be a very good source of LEDS. A few thoughts: matching LED color to lens color doesn't always work as well as using white LED color. Depends on the filter color of the lens and the emission wavelength of the LED. Be aware of length and width of LED and if it will fit behind the Lens. Also, many of these LED replacement bulbs are built up and then different bases are put on the same LED bulb hence they can fall apart while installing them, lesson here is to buy spares or seal the bases well before use. Hope this doesn't turn you off from the use just be cautious. Good luck! Superbright is good to deal with.

5. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    For the benefit of anyone stumbling across this old thread via a web search (and because the manual is WRONG), I've put together a blog post with photos with all the bulbs (and the replacement relay) needed to convert the most popular exterior bulbs on a 512 TR to LED:

How To: Replace Ferrari 512 TR Bulbs with LEDs - SteveJenkins.com

6. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    eBay....I did....

Few words Me