512bbi windshield wiper help needed | FerrariChat

512bbi windshield wiper help needed

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by ross, Apr 22, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    my wiper blade cannot seem to stay adjusted. i asked my guy to check it last time and he said it was done. yesterday i was out and it started raining. i turned on the wiper, and again it started to stray to the right - when it came across the windshield it stopped traveling to the right of the driver's line of sight, and went back down to settle on the hood. i got out, and pushed it up the windshield while it was not on, and tried again. this time it went all the way left and right off the left side of the windshield (driver pov). i got out and moved it back, and it strayed right again !! aarrgghh!

so, how do i adjust the wiper so that it stays that way and wipes the area in my line of sight !!!

side question: at speed the wiper fluid nozzle leaks and spurts onto the windshield. not much, but over time it is annoying. any suggestions?

2. 365boxer

365boxer Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2004
    La Drova, Spain
    Full Name:
    Nick
    You should not be able to move the wiper arm by hand when the wiper is turned off. Either the nut at the bottom of the arm where it meets the spindle is loose of more likley the spline is poor and alowing the two to slip !
    Nick

3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    The nut on the bottom of the wiper frequently comes loose after I use it for any significant amount of time. That sounds like what you have-- try tightening it before you do anything else.

4. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    how do you access it?

5. 365boxer

365boxer Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2004
    La Drova, Spain
    Full Name:
    Nick
    If you have a parts book it is number 31 in the picture. If not i can take a photo for you. Let me know if you need a picture.
    Nick

6. jselevan

jselevan Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    You reach the nut with tiny fingers. It can be done, but difficult. And yes, it frequently comes lose. Make sure to use a split washer to keep it in place.

There should be a check valve on the hose running from the washer reservoir to the spray nossle. It prevents water from coming out the spray nossle when you accelerate. Absent the check valve, water will find its way to your windshield whenever you gently or aggressively accelerate. The valve is not a one-way device (else intended water could not get to the windshield. I believe it is a high resistance control valve.

Jim S.