Must sell my 86 TR | FerrariChat

Must sell my 86 TR

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by testarob, Sep 6, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Unfortunately, due to financial circumstances I am forced to part with my beloved 86 TR. I have posted an ad in the classified section.

It is really unfortunate timing as I truely believe that the prices of these beautiful Testarossa's are on the rise. If there was any way I could hold on to it I would.

I want to thank all those awesome folks on this forum that have helped me with my ownership. It will be something I treasure always.

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

good luck to both with the sale and w/ finances. You will have another TR before long I am sure!!!!

very best,

pcb

3. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    That Sucks!

4. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    +1

5. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    Sorry to hear it. Hopefully things will work out and you'll be back soon enough.

6. testarossa717

testarossa717 Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2007
    NY/NJ
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    Rob,
    I wish you the best. I hope all goes well with the sale for you. On the plus side, the recent bid/ask prices have moved up tremendously on this car. When is the last time that you saw TR prices in the 80K range(Ebay/Dupont Registry).

Let us know how u make out.

Best Regards,
    Antonio

7. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
  8. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Sorry to hear and Good luck with the sale!

FWIW, I hope buyers will educate themselves and look past the miles on this example. The Testarossa is built like a vault, the engine is unstressed, the electronics and mechanicals are simple and pretty much bulletproof and, in this case, the only potential weak link in the chain--the diff--has been ungraded. Moreover, this car appears to have been serviced and driven regularly. A person looking into getting into bed with an early TR---THE ICON IMHO ;) --- and actually driving it rather than looking at it, would be well served buying this example. Given how expensive TR's are to service (if you are not a DIY'er), if you are buying a TR to drive and enjoy for years to come, it pays to buy a well sorted example that has the service records and, in this case, the mileage, to insure that most things that would have aged out, have probably been dealt with by now. Anyone who has spent any time with a TR, and is not simply an arm chair expert, knows that among the pre-luca cars, the Testarossa is hands down the best built. I just can't even imagine wearing one of these cars out.

Finally, knowing Testarob from this board, he always came across as a proud and conscientious owner, and that's the type of person you buy a car from.

9. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    must.

resist.

so.

tempted.

(I could use all my 80s mix tapes I made for the Mondial <cough Depeche Mode cough>).

showing pics to wife when she gets home from work.

10. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Didn't Jim G put 120k plus miles on his TR before it finally succumbed to rust issues?

I'm personally beginning to think it foolish to by any Ferrari with less than 30k miles if you intend to drive it. It seems like it takes at least that long to work the bugs out of them...Let someone else pay extra for the low mileage time bombs.

11. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe

IIRC, it was more like 200K miles or more on Jim's car, and I have heard of a few others 200K milers out there!!!!

12. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I appreciate the kind words. I am hoping that someone who really wants to drive the car realizes what a bargain this is.

13. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    To quote the Borg ... resistance is futile.

14. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Wow. I am surprised at the number of inquires. I will get to each of you individually with replies / more pics. I have been extremely busy at work (on the road) and apologize for not getting back with everyone sooner.

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I have mentioned it a few times, to folks over here.....good luck!!

16. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Time for me to throw in some incentives.

If you can buy this awesome car in the next 30 days I will throw in the Dave Helms fuse box upgrade for free. I will also warranty any needed repairs (as identified by an authorized Ferrari dealer) for 90 days, reimburse any shipping costs, and any PPI related costs up to a combined total of $2500.00.

Remember the diff and tranny have already been done.

WHAT A DEAL !

Call me and leave a message (407-497-6090) or email me at [email protected]

Must close the deal within 30 days to get these incentives.

17. Shemmer

Shemmer Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Rob
    WOW those are some great incentives!! Dealers don't even offer incentives like that. I'd scoop this one up if I didn't already have one. Good luck with the sale. I'm sure with the confidence you have in your car, someone will surely come knocking on your door.

18. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Incentives is an understatement! I just spent $2500 for my Dave Helms Fuse box install last week.

19. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Good luck with sale. The car looks like a great value.

20. Testarossa1

Testarossa1 Karting

Jun 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    +1 best wishes

21. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    There was a lapse of time where I thought I could weather the storm, but the IRS beckons me. Contact me for some GREAT incentives.

22. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Sorry to hear Rob. Uncle Sam got a chunk of my money last night...

23. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    Sorry to hear it. Hope you don't have to wade through too many tire kickers.

Best wishes.

ps. I did not see an updated ads in the classified. Maybe you want to start a new one.

24. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al

Here's some inspiration to purchase

http://youtu.be/DX9Yk_B3cwY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006