Here we go.. | FerrariChat

Here we go..

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Jun 8, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    #1 Mr.Chairman, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Greetings all and hope all is well. Lets start by saying that I thoroughly enjoyed every minute I spent over the years in the TR section of this forum. I remember when I was a young boy watching Magnum PI just to watch the scenes with the Ferrari. Living my life longing for a Ferrari - a 308 actually. Then about five years ago the B*tch came into my life. Love at first sight... 308 what? The B*tch was the real deal. Flat 12, iconic style, and ofcourse her voice. I always looked at mine like a unpolished diamond - day by day, week by week, month by month going thru the process of making her right. Polishing the diamond. And what a diamond she was. She continued to reward me day after day and ride after ride. Never to leave me stranded. Yes a few things here and there but always brought me home. I always felt I gave her a new heart beat. Her heart was mine and gave in to her seduction.

The time has come to pass to baton - to give her a new beginning - with another man. Yes boys - the B*tch has left me for someone else. I almost feel like I was the affair - and she finally met someone she wants to get serious with - She needed to move away - Leaving me behind with alot of great memories. Oh the drives we took - usually at night when the roadway was empty. Straight pipes thru-out she would sing her song like she was performing at the Metropolitan Opera House only it was a private show - for me. I found her a great new home. I am pleased that she is going to another fchat member - one who knows the heart and pride that was put into her - to make her the B*tch that she is today. I will never forget her... I will search for another Ferrari - a 355 - but and this is a big but - there will only be one B*itch. Bon Voyage my darling... May you blast thru new roads with grace and dignity.. Shine on.. Sing my darling - Sing..

Mr. Chariman

I kept her steering wheel that I changed over when I first got her. Proudly hanging at the entrance of the garage. Everytime I open the garage I will have a little piece of heaven.. Crying like a baby writing this..

The End..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Now how I feel in song.. lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NqBWLeP9f4]Barbara Streisand - The Way We Were (Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

R

3. chabch

chabch Formula 3

Aug 15, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Robbie, you always wrote the best TR love letters. I will now have to be jealous of the guys in the 355 section who will enjoy your writing. I just secretly hope that your posts will never be as inspired, like a V12 running on 8 :) All the best, Robbie, for your new Ferrari adventure.

4. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I shed a tear on your behalf...

5. Duane_Estill

Duane_Estill F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Duane K Estill
    That post was positively dramatic. "The Flat Twelves of our Lives."

6. ch1953

ch1953 Rookie

Jun 8, 2013
    After many years away, I come back to F chat determined to get my life back on track; too many s class's, too many compromises, too many e mails - not enough JOY.

To be more specific not enough ear splitting, maniacal passion.

So it has to be on *this* thread that I write my first F chat post - in my 'you only live twice' conquest - in sincere honour of what was said above.

Thank you ~ and I hereby start my search for an Italian 12 after too many German 8's.

June 8 2103. Life is back on.

Mr. Chairman - thank you, great post!

7. daveshowey

daveshowey Karting

Apr 12, 2013
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    David
    They never truly belong to us, we are merely custodians...

8. JTR

JTR Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 26, 2005
    in a house
    Full Name:
    John
    I've always enjoyed your posts Mr. Chairman, and good luck with your new gal!
    My friend has a 355, and next to my boxer :D , it's the best sounding Ferrari out there.

John

9. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    In to everyone's life a little rain must fall. Remember the good times and the joy she brought to your life. Like all good things......they must unfortunately come to an end. May her new owner treat her with the same consideration you did. Time for a new love to enter your life. May she also bring you as much joy as the previous love.

Got any old TR parts your looking to sell? :D

10. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    + 512 ... thanx for all you shared with us Robbie !

11. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    that all sounds very sad :( and as you have written it I can imagine how a good friend this car has been to you.

but you know: you may stop when it is most nice. then you always have this in good memory.

good luck with your new love and don´t compare both cars. totally different

12. ace355

ace355 Formula Junior

May 23, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Best of luck Mr. Chairman. There may very well be only one B*tch, but please beware there are heatbreakers in the 355 world, I know, I owned one!

13. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Brother, I hear you loud and clear. My B*tch still getting her cosmetic fix after she got pushed around by a big rig. Your letter is right on. I was in tears thinking she was not going to make it out of ER and be rushed to the junk yard. Having the best cosmetic sergeant in LA, I was relieved to know she will be back in my life. Lifting my garage door doesn't feel the same without my B*tch being in there.

It is hard to depart from a flat 12 and wave good bye. I am confident your next B*tch will have to meet the challenges this B*tch left behind. The sexy voice, the incredible body and that wide A*s that no other can have other than a red head.

Congrats on the sale Robbie, good luck on your new hunt but before you leave us for the 355, we really want you to make a good decision... 512TR, and 512M are good options too...:)

14. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Mr.Chairman I'am sad to hear this. Hopefully you will still post here. You were part of this community since I'm here and you were a colored personage. Guys like you give lots of life to Fchat.

15. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    My advice, don't wait 90 years for your second wind unless your motto in life is "you only live 5 times"

16. traderjet4

traderjet4 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    long Island
    Full Name:
    Joe
    It's like dating again.... when you see what's out there you will be back.

Bravo Robbie

17. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Thanks all for the kind words and thoughts. Trying to find a replacement is not going to be easy. I will be patient and see what comes my way. I will continue to post in the TR section. Lets not get crazy boys.. lol..

R

18. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Robbie,
    I was a little sad reading your first post but as we say, life goes on. Hope you find the right 355 for you. I have great memories of certain posts of yours...And your're still an f-chatter for the pleasure of us all, keep it going my friend!

19. Kevin2772

Kevin2772 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Did this car by any chance end up in Ohio? Or somewhere close to here?

20. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Nope in the Chicago area..

R

21. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Robbie,
    I remember when you picked this one up and started the journey of rehabilitating this car.
    Now, after all the repairs and upgrades they don't get much more solid than this one.
    You have tripled the life expectancy of what was an otherwise uncertain future for the girl.

With that said, I don't believe you will be satisfied with anything less than a 12 cylinder.( Remember I told you so)
    It's in your blood.

Keep us appraised of your endeavors, and especially when you buy another TR or 512 (ha-ha).:)

22. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#22 Bradwilliams, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am the lucky guy that inherited Chairman's car. Rather than starting another thread I'll piggy back on his. His TR was the 4th that I test drove and far and away the best. No comparison. I set out to get a white one but couldn't pass up Chairman's Seabiscuit of a car. It was a moment that I am still in the process of cherishing as I have wanted to own this car ever since I was six years old. We made quite a deal and as I helped load her on to the transport flipped through the ipod to find the coolest song I could on short notice. Lynard Skynard Tuesday's gone with the wind" came and is now the official song of my Testarossa. It didn't set in until the truck showed up on Monday morning. What a classic piece of machinery. Thanks again to Mr Chairman for the hard work and for giving this horse a second chance. Its performance has proven that it truly deserved it!

23. testarossa717

testarossa717 Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2007
    NY/NJ
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    Robbie's Testarossa is a great car. She is properly sorted, up to date and extremely powerful.

Brad, you got a great car from a great guy!! I wish you luck in the future with your new horse.

As for Mr. C, we will find you another great prancing horse or dare I say, "car". Robbie is not only a true enthusiast and great contributor but he is a stand up guy and the best friend anyone could ask for.

Happy Father's Day to all of my F Chat Brethren. Now, stop sweating on the GT3 :)

24. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Thanks brother. Glad you made your deal. The deal of the century.

R

25. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Thanks to the both of you guys. And Antonio, we must get Robbie away from this porsche business and keep him on the F cars! I told him he should buy this one. Pure sex...

Ferrari : 550 in Ferrari | eBay Motors