Famous Testarossa Owners-- | FerrariChat

Famous Testarossa Owners--

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Jaguar 15, Jun 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Clint Eastwood and Gene Hackman were Boxer owners and true car people. Eric Clapton has a custom SP-12. Most celebs have a Ferrari.

Besides Miles Davis, who were other famous celebrity Testarossa owners?....Sonny Crockett doesn't count.

2. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    jim glickenhaus.

and me ;)

3. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I was a kid in the late 80s, (Born in 83) so naturally I was bonkers over this car. Used to watch a lot of tv back then so therefore, I am quite good at this game. So here it goes. First three are legendary.

Michael Jordan, Mike Tyson, Bo Jackson, Rod Stewart, Tommy Lee, Ricky Henderson, Reggie Williams, one of Michael Jackson's brothers, don't remember which, jose Canseco, Elton John, OJ Simpson, Suge Knight, MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Marcus Allen, and I'm sure I am leaving a few out.

BTW Jordan's was a red 88. Anybody know what became of it? He eventually got a black 512tr

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  4. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Barry Minkow from ZZZZZ best Carpet cleaning, Nicky Sixx from Motley Crue

5. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    OK ross, you count.

But Glickenhaus is too close to being an auto manufacturer/professional car guy and outside of the Wall Street firm his father started and New York circles, he isn't well known. Sergio Pininfarina drove a TR, but I think he is too close to the brand to count. But OK..throw them both in.....

6. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Nice list Bradwilliams.....

7. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Thanks. BTW Barry Minkow drove a 308 GTS, not a testarossa. We had to watch that 60 minutes segment in a business class when I was a freshman in college.

8. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Dre had the white one from one of the videos. In fact he got in trouble blasting down Sunset Blvd or Wilshire Blvd doing 100+ mph.

9. Sushimon355

Sushimon355 Formula Junior

May 27, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Peter Weller (aka Robocop)

10. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Crap I knew I was leaving somebody off the list! I remember my older brother telling me that story. "The car is so fast that He got all the way back to his house and was just sitting on the couch watching the tube when they came knocking at the door!" The cool stories that add to an already legendary car! LOL . He was apprently a bit intoxicated as well

11. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    You forgot some one........"Turbopanzer".......proud TR owner and mild mannered person. :D

12. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I know who Jim G is....He's not what I call a celebrity though.

Ross, I think you're a legend in your own mind. :) Teeeheeehee

Woohoo!! I was just promoted to Formula Junior. Does that make me a celeb too?

13. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Save maybe the 308, its hard to think of another Ferrari nearly as embedded in the popular conscious as the Testarossa--especially in its heyday.

In an era where material things matter most, I would imagine the Testarossa was a must have. I bet if we dig hard enough we will find a comparatively staggering list of 1980 celebrities (most of them cheesy as hell :D ) who owned these cars.

14. RedFlyer512TR

RedFlyer512TR Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    I remember Michael Jordan had a 94 512TR as mentioned above, the next owner was Chris Gardner. Chris Gardner was the man behind the movie Pursuit of Happyness. The 512TR was black on black. It sold probably 4 years ago, it hasn't surfaced lately.

15. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Absolutely. As stated before, the big three: Jordan, the greatest basketball player EVER. Tyson the greatest boxer ever (if he would have stayed with his original trainer), And Bo Jackson, the greatest athelete EVER (alongside Jim Thorpe). They all drove TRs. When I was a little kid I was already obsessed before I even knew they had them. Once I realized they had them there was no case that even had to be made. If you were a true badass (late 80s, early 90s) and had the means, you drove a Testarossa, PERIOD. It's funny because I could care less about celebrities these days. I never watch TV. When you're a kid it's a totally different mindset and your imagination runs in overdrive. You see these larger than life guys that look even larger because you're a kid. Which got amplified even greater because it was during a time where ESPN and cable were really starting to take off. Then you see this beautiful car that is so fast an unique. It's so cool that you just can't ignore it. Rant over

16. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I only disagree with only 1 thing.. Mohammad Ali was the greatest boxer of all time..

R

17. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

You're 100 percent right. Notice the parenthesis. Tyson would have been but he threw it all away. Ali is the greatest ever. And Bo would have gone down as the greatest running back of all time. He still holds the highest career yard average. But the injury took it from him.

18. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nice! Pure atheletic and automotive speed baby!

19. MonoSpecchio

MonoSpecchio Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2006
    SoCal in the IE
    #20 MonoSpecchio, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    How could you forget Sir Mix-A-Lot? He even wrote a song about it. Notice a pattern of black TRs among these guys? :D

...Most Cadillac rappers look and get disturbed
    By the jet black blur
    The Testarossa running like it suppose ta
    Don't try to get closer
    Cause you might get lost in the dual exhaust
    Don't ever try to **** wit' a boss
    High octane there ain't no ping
    When I swing on a lyrical speed king
    And that's just first gear, listen for the upshift
    Who can get wit' this...

Rollin in a jet black testarossa...

First is a pic of Mix's '87 back in the day. Love the bottom pic of Jordan...doesn't get much cooler than MJ steppin out of a black TR!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Yeah, like I said I knew I was forgetting a few. I remember buying that sir mix a lot cd in the 5th grade only because my cousin had it and became aware that that song was on it! The pics of jordan in the Rossa are by far and away the coolest testarossa pictures in existence IMO.

21. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Can I get a beat?!!!

22. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Well, those stats show that someone like MJ at 6'6", as thick and solid muscle as Bo Jackson and Tyson at 230-ish, huge as Suge Knight at 265, or with a big butt as Sir-Mix-Alot likes 'em, can squeeze, slide, wiggle, contort their way into a TR.

Baby Got Back...hope she fits!

23. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    Elton John
    Mick Jagger

P

24. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3