rubber part no. 106287 on the starter | FerrariChat

rubber part no. 106287 on the starter

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by turbo-joe, Oct 8, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I was reading here a while ago that this rubber cap for the starter at the 365 and 512 BB is not long available but i can not find this thread anymore.

a friend of mine is making models for the automotive industry and I talked to him about those rubber cap. he would be able to make those but for this it needs a model and this is not cheap.

he just finished making me a model for the primary gearbox cover ( 113114 ) because I changed the gears and need an other cover. pictures will follow in an other thread.

so I´m asking here who is interested in those rubber caps on the starter and how much you would like to pay. so I can count the price for each.

please pm me for this

2. Spitfire

Spitfire Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 16, 2006
    As I'm currently looking for this part, my Google search led me to this thread Romano.

I obviously don't know how many people PM'd you, or if you ever made the part, but I would definitely take one (and a spare I expect). As for price, I would think somewhere in the $50 to $100 range would be reasonable given that it'll be a custom part.

3. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Do you mean molds or 3D CAD models? If you need any 3D CAD model work done, please ask. I'm proficient in NX (Unigraphic). I also have access to a 3D printer.

4. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I mean molds

5. Spitfire

Spitfire Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 16, 2006
    Do you think you might pursue it, or was there insufficient interest to make it worthwhile?

6. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    #6 turbo-joe, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    I only got 2 PM asking for this part. so the mold would get to expensive that I need minimum 20 to make ( of course not the mold, only the rubber :) ). then the price would be about 70 to 80 € plus sales tax ( only within europe ) plus shipping.
    because of less interest I have not followed this project.

7. CarbBoxer

CarbBoxer Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    PW
    well- you can add me to the want list if i'm not already on it.

what about contacting T Rutlands. The substitute part they sell is far from the original.

8. Spitfire

Spitfire Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 16, 2006
    #8 Spitfire, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It's hard to believe that we cannot get commitments to buy 20 pieces. I'll take two. Come on guys, PM your orders to Romano so that we can get this part made.

Is it possible that our Boxer brethren don't realise which part it is that we're talking about. Well, we're talking about the large rubber boot for the starter motor (i.e., part # 27 in the following diagram). They almost always split and they are impossible to find nowadays. Romano's doing us a service by offering to have a run of these made for us.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. cavallino70

cavallino70 Karting

Apr 1, 2008
    HB, Germany
    Full Name:
    A.H.
    I have only 113990 in stock and is a Little bit different to 106287

10. cavallino70

cavallino70 Karting

Apr 1, 2008
    HB, Germany
    Full Name:
    A.H.
    #10 cavallino70, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
  12. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Did anyone ever find a source for these besides Italy? I need one in time for Cavallino in January.

13. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Can anyone explain the differences between these two part numbers? Is one rubber boot slightly longer than the other? Is one for a bbi versus a BB?