Euro Testarossa - "show me your tank vent" | FerrariChat

Euro Testarossa - "show me your tank vent"

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by teveo, Mar 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. teveo

teveo Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2005
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Trond Vidar
    #1 teveo, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am building my '85 TR back to euro spec and the last item is removing the charcoal canisters and reroute the tank vent tube & valve.

Would be nice to know where to place the vent valve/tubes. There is a possibility of gasoline fume and I suppose it would be best to place in the original placement rather than just securing it on the outside of right side cooling radiator or thereabouts.

I have the tube and (a mercedes) valve and will use an aftermarket breather filter and a homemade bracket. (part 24 and downwards)

The benz valve is working both sides and has a slight resistance to it, it will blow both ways with a little effort with a medium deep breath.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. thenewboy

thenewboy Rookie

Apr 29, 2010
    UK
    Bump!

Hi all, new here! Currently rebuilding a 86 euro TR and need guidance on the correct routing of the pipes and valves the parts diagram isnt much help

Thanks

3. Total Recall

Total Recall Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Hi, I missed this post before but I will have a look today and give you a description.

I have an early '86 Uk car - RHD but I would imagine the layout is the same as yours.

Basically though the line runs down in front of the rear wheel fender and exits next to the sill.

Basic orientation and parts on this link:

Ferrari Testarossa (1987) - Fuel Tanks (Not for U.S. and SA): Page 008 | Order Online Eurospares

Oh yes you do get some fumes - well vapour but I find less vapour the more full I have the tank.

Dom.

4. thenewboy

thenewboy Rookie

Apr 29, 2010
    UK
    Thanks for the reply Dom!

If you could get a picture I would be very grateful. The car I'm working on the hose was completely broken and had been stuffed behind the box containing the injection relays.

Have fitted new filters and hose but was unsure wether it ran behind the relay box out the rear of the wheel arch nearest the bumper or behind the front of the wheel arch nearest the radiator.

5. Total Recall

Total Recall Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Hi,

I have had a look and taken some pics - although the pics are mainly just between the wheel and fender looking through the fender slats so not the best - but if u pm me an email address I`ll send them anyway (not enough forum space left to post).

On my RHD car the hose goes from the second outlet on the fuel filler pipe, across the top of the bulkhead to the RHS, across the top of the radiator and then down the outside (RHS) of the radiator guided by hose brackets on the two outside fan mounting bolts and continues down back on itself a little into the sheet metal that runs next to the sill (with the end in a little rubber grommet).

Although I can`t say 100% this is from the factory, the old hose I removed was routed in this way so there`s a good chance it is, if that was the original hose.

....So yes on mine it does go behind the front of the rear wheel arch liner nearest the radiator - not in front of the rear bumper.

Hope that`s a little help!

Dom.

6. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall

Same as mine Dom.

Phil