Wanted 512BB | FerrariChat

Wanted 512BB

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by SFM5s159, Apr 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SFM5s159

SFM5s159 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2014
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Mike C
    Hi all,

Still looking for a BB. Prefer a carbureted car, just preference.
    Any leads appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike C.

[email protected]

2. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Hello Mike, email sent.

3. SFM5s159

SFM5s159 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2014
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Mike C
    Still seeking a BB...
    Thanks!

4. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

mike,

can you tell us about your hunt so far? What have you seen...the good, the bad, the ugly?

best,

Peter

5. SFM5s159

SFM5s159 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2014
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Mike C
    I've missed on a couple "driver" cars, one black one in Florida at $150k. Had needs but was decent driver, maybe a #3 car.
    I passed on a silver and red car in MI that was a non-runner and was very tired. Needed everything to be a really nice car. That price was less certain but let's just say in the low 100's. I think while it was a rare combination, a guy could spend $100k and a year working on the car and at that rate, why not buy one for $200k? I am really only considering bb's, no injected cars. Just what I prefer. In the last 90 days prices seemed to have popped maybe 20% seems to me.

By no means am I an expert, but I am learning a lot and I'd like to thanks Newman for his willingness to aid a rookie like me in my search.

A year from now, the silver car I passed on may have been the one to buy. I have leads on 3 others, but nothing has come loose yet.

As I've mentioned in prior posts, I just don't know where the present up-tick is going to stop, and if it will sustain. I like the cars, but I also can't ignore the $$.

From my non-scientific observations, the bb's are much stronger in price at the moment vs. a bbi.

Thanks Peter.