KE-Jetronic manual | FerrariChat

KE-Jetronic manual

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by bpcurtis, Apr 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bpcurtis

bpcurtis Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Dickinson, TX
    Full Name:
    Burnell P Curtis
    Does anyone know where I can buy the Bosch manual for the KE-Jetronic manual 1 987 722 101? Or, if anyone has one, I would be glad to pay for copying it.

My Testarossa runs rough at idle when cold and I would like to learn more about the system. I have read the threads and am going to look at the protection relay but still would like to learn more about the system.

Thanks,
    Burnell

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    if you only may get more knowledge how the KE system is working you may google a little and will find a lot of imformation

3. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    I have a K-Jetronic manual 1 987 722 159

4. rovexienus

rovexienus Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2010
    Sainte Colombe, France (near Lyon)
    Full Name:
    Jean-Michel Savary
    There is a download available at Ferrari 400 - K jetronic downloads. The title of this pdf download (which mentions the number 1 987 722 101 on the last page in the right bottom corner) is "Ke jetronic book".

5. cavallino70

cavallino70 Karting

Apr 1, 2008
    HB, Germany
    Full Name:
    A.H.
    or do you mean the blue Ferrari KE-Jetronic book?
    regards
    Andre

6. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #6 Steve Magnusson, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    I have a hardcopy of the Bosch 1 987 722 101 pamphlet (and someday might scan it for ferraridatabase), but it won't give you any better information than Chapter D, plus the Chapter D US supplement, for addressing a US TR runability program (or the "blue" KE-Jetronic without Lamda F pamphlet for a mid~late euro F113B TR). In fact, it's more general in nature, and brings in components/features/confusion:) that weren't incorporated into F's particular KE-Jet implementation. It does have the best figure (technical content-wise and high quality printing) that I can recall seeing for explaining how the EHA works inside, but just measuring what the EHA is, or isn't doing, system-wise to the lower chamber pressure is more important for addressing a runability problem IMO.

You should definitely do this as "bad cold-running operation, but quasi-decent warm-running" can be the result of "a dead protection relay, and then the system's mixtures (wrongly) gets manually tweaked up when warm (so warm-running is quasi-corrected, but, with no +12V to run the injection system, none of the cold-running enrichment works as that's done electrically on KE-Jet)".

Good Hunting!

7. bpcurtis

bpcurtis Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Dickinson, TX
    Full Name:
    Burnell P Curtis
    Thanks to everyone for the alternator info. I now have a larger deeper pulley and hope it works. Also thanks for the info on the KE manual. I now have a copy. The only manual on my car that I have talks only about the K Jetronic system. Where can I get the supplements that were referred to?
    Thanks again,
    Burnell

8. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    You can download a copy from All Ferraris - it's in the Workshop Manual Section ('Workshop Manual Testarossa Supplement Catalytic Converters").