Countaches are continuing to fly faster than a locomotive | FerrariChat

Countaches are continuing to fly faster than a locomotive

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Bradwilliams, Apr 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

2. targanero

targanero Formula 3

May 31, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Certainly not a $300k car, but eventually.

TRs will have their day. Just like 308/328s.

3. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#3 Bradwilliams, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    Every car on autotrader is in the 300k range. If a Countach is worth 300k then a TR has to be worth at least 150k. I predicted this would happen after that movie came out. Only I thought the TR was going to be the star not the Lamborghini. Wowsers. This just goes to further prove the production number theory on the TR values. The Countach buyer is almost the exact same buyer as the TR. 230k is a heck of a price difference between the two. have they ever been that far apart in price before used? Also, anybody noticed that the TR ads are waaaaaay down from normal? The weather has turned and the cars should be back up for sale by now. There are usually 5x the amount for sale than there are for sale presently. Looks like people are starting to hoard them again...

4. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Also the Countach is miserable to drive. Hot, noisy, the seats are torture devices, and your visibility to the side or rear is nonexistent. The Testarossa is a pleasure to drive, even in traffic or around town. It is way easier to go faster in the TR as well. The people who are buying the Countach's are obviously not driving them.

5. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    That's a huge assumption to make LOL

6. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    As a guy who has owned both for years, have you ever driven one? I suspect not. I love both, but they are completely different. TR faster? I am not brave enough to reach top speed in either. It's heavier, quieter and more comfy, that's for sure. The CT is a bit more agile and weber DCOE sidedrafts makes better noises. Going for an early Sunday morning coffee run? The CT every time. Want to drive to work? Only in the TR. For me, I think the CT is worth $300k all day long, but I think the TR's exotic nature plus the ease of living with it makes it a great bargain.

7. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    The CTs for 300K are DD cars, not Qvs or s's. PLus a CT needs to coist 300k to justify the 100-1150k in work it tkes to retore one so it runs right.

8. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Ive never driven a Countach but I have heard that it is insane, so I can see it being different from the TR. However, the TR is a pretty wild ride in itself so that says something right there. I completely understand that a Countach is worth more because of production numbers, but man, this gap is getting pretty wide.

9. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Well, you know, the CT doesn't need a mandatory diff every two years, or a dreaded fuse panel, nor does it need it's entire engine out to do belts every yr like the fchat experts suggest ;) soooooo.....the running costs on a CT is pennies in comparison ;)
    ( I couldn't resist )

10. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    #10 Melvok, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. testarossa717

testarossa717 Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2007
    NY/NJ
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    Beautiful Melvok!!

12. dontilgon

dontilgon Formula Junior

May 30, 2011
    NY/PA
    Full Name:
    Joseph
  13. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #13 geno berns, Apr 23, 2014
  14. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    As a testarossa Owner and someone who has had the pleasure of having driven a countach, let me say this... I love my TR but the countach was probably the most batsh$t insane car I have ever driven and probably my favorite car I have ever driven in part... Because of its idiosyncrasies.

You either get that car and all its madness or you don't.

15. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

That yellow boxer is stunning

16. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Completely disagree. Running costs on regular cars that a typical consumer buys can affect pricing. But pricing on toys has no relation to maintenance. If you can afford either of these cars, then you dont care about the running cost. The only car I have never bought because of this factor is the Vanquish, but that is a totally different animal. 15k for gearbox fixes, and 40k to do a manual conversion. Other than that, if I were deciding between two toys and one was more maintenance heavy than the other, I would not care and would simply buy the car I want. Nobody cares about the running cost/upgrades unless it is out of this world (Vanquish)

17. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I love your action pic shots !

LOL

18. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #18 jgoodman, Apr 27, 2014
    As a Mondial owner and a Countach owner, I can say that the Mondial is a fabulous low key Ferrari that I really love driving absolutely everywhere. But there really is something very special about the Countach. I love Joe's flying mirror t. It's perfect. Won't ever see a nicer car than his. But look at what the Countach does to people. It's a magnet. And me acquiring this car is partly his fault anyway. He told me to get one after his experience driving one. And I did. He was right about driving it. There's nothing like it. I don't drive mine much, but when I do, I smile. I don't find it hot in there. Yes the visibility is limited. And backing up is a real chore. But...but...but....The mechanical sounds are just fantastic. And raw and pure and wild. The Mondial is not a testarossa, with the exception of all the components that I really like anyway-manual steering, gated shifter, revving engine with great sound. But like the movie Spinal Tap, the Countach's amp is turned up to 11!

This pic is from yesterday, but some how my phone camera was in some 80's mode accidentally, which I think turned out kind of neat. Joe, my buddy, great seeing you yesterday.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Jay, I think you did the right move at the right time with this car. That was smart! And it's so nice.

20. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Yep, would walk past any Countach to get a better look at a yellow Boxer.....and I just bought a Lamborghini.

21. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nice pic! The only give-away are the modern cars in front of it. I dont think I'll ever own that car anymore. Too high of a price now. Plus if I had 300k to blow I'd go straight to the XJ220. Going to have to settle for a Diablo in the near future instead of the CT. Although we all know the Countach is much cooler :)

22. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I vote J's CT gets the antigravity drive upgrade.

23. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    +1 (minus the just buying a Lamborghini part :D)

As an adolescent I lusted after a CT. Now, not so much. Like Joe says, I guess I just don't get the CT anymore.

24. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

25. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    +512.